3D Modeling & Sculpting
MAXON Computer GmbH
- Offers In-App Purchases
Forger is a desktop-class 3D modeling and sculpting application for artists that want to create anywhere. Forger now pairs its award-winning sculpting toolset with the powerful polygonal modeling engine from Maxon’s venerable Cinema 4D desktop application. Forger now offers the best of both worlds in one 3D creation app: sculpting’s organic expressiveness and the exactness of hard-surface, polygonal modeling.
The new Forger includes:
· An intuitive multitouch interface, Apple Pencil support, draw-to-select and on-screen navigation and orientation tools gives artists an intimate, intuitive and powerful way to manifest their ideas as digital 3D creations.
· A full library of polygonal primitives to get started quickly, including: cube, sphere, hemisphere, platonic, cone, pyramid, disc, cylinder, tube, oiltank, capsule, and Torus.
· The full polygonal modeling engine and tools from Maxon’s Cinema 4D desktop solution, including Transform, Extrude, Bevel, Inset, Bridge, Line and Loop Cut and more.
· A desktop-class sculpting workflow and brush engine that offers the power of a Desktop sculpting application, without compromises.
· A large sculpting brush library: standard, clay, flatten, move, pull, smooth, pinch, inflate, crease, scrape, polish, planar, layer, stamp and mask. Each brush has an alternate function that does even more! Even use custom stamps (alphas).
· Professional concept sculpting - With two powerful remeshing algorithms (volume based remeshing and edge-flow topological remeshing), the ability to cap holes, slice, split and merge sub-meshes; doing concept sculpting on a mobile device is no longer a dream.
· Multi-resolution meshes - Increase the resolution of the model by multiplying the number of faces by four, whilst keeping the previous (coarser) version of the mesh as another sub-level. Step back and forth between levels to do big changes or work on details. Rebuild subdivision levels on previously subdivided meshes if importing from another software and carry on with Forger!
· Sculpt layers - Work in a non destructive manner by creating layers per sub-level for quick concepting and adjusting their intensities for different results.
· Advanced stylus & external keyboard support - Users can choose whether they want brushes to be affected by pressure in strength or size. Users that are used to sculpting & texturing softwares will feel at home with keyboard support, allowing them to skip the learning stage of the app due to the very commonshortcuts found in known Desktop 3D digital content creation tools.
· Vertex Colors - Paint your creations with per-vertex colors for presentation purposes, use this to create rough base textures or final stylized ones.
· Bidirectional model sharing between Forger and Maxon's Cinema 4D, winner of a Sci-Tech award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science, offering the ultimate in workflow flexibility.
· File I/O - Save your scenes to the internal scene format and use the other popular file 3D formats to import or export new models or base meshes into your favorite 3D application.
Updated Google authentication requirement
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but corrupts files
This is an amazing app! As a professional Game Artist who works in Zbrush and Maya, I needed something quick for my 3D resin printer. This works amazing and isn’t too difficult to use…however, my masking doesn’t seem to work…manual says to click in canvas for mask invert but doesn’t work also, It doesn’t seem to be perfectly symmetrical when I use the symmetry. It works but when I turn it to a different angle, it doesn’t work sometimes…frustrating…and the reason for the 3 star is because my files keep corrupting!!! I’m not even using a lot of geometry when I remedy and It corrupts and prevents me from drawing on it….going to try Nomad. I was able to save an obj…hoping I can salvage my project…
Frustrating to use
The modeling itself is straight forward enough, however, the undo button swaps between the last two versions and when it does work how it should, it stops working after a while. I am using this to attempt to 3D model a mask, but there’s no way that I’ve found to hollow it out. Even with symmetry enabled, it has turned out uneven while using certain tools. I wish I could give this a higher rating as the modeling I was able to get done (before it was irreversibly mangled and the undo button not working) actually looked very good and I was able to do a lot, though I’ll be swapping to other software until the developers fix this. one last thing that isn’t a *huge* deal but it’s still worth noting, the tutorials are out of date and confusing to follow
Still missing key features but almost as good as nomad…
Okay for starters how is there no trim tool in Forger or Boolean cutting function? Such an essential modeling feature I have no idea how this was overlooked. UI leaves a lot to be desired, the hard surface modeling tools they added recently are really cool but not useable in their current form it’s just a really clunky workflow but I will be really excited when that is refined. Considering maxon owns zbrush now I’d really like to see more of those features here such as cloth sculpting tools and zremesher to name a few. I think this app could be the best 3d solution on iPad if maxon actually threw some money at it. Maybe a complete complete overhaul and name it Zbrush for IPad or something?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Maxon Computer GmbH
- 161.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Maxon Computer GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Forger Subscription $1.99
- Forger Subscription $14.99