Forger is a desktop-class digital sculpting application for professionals and aspiring amateurs alike. Allowing artists to feel like artists, sculpt while sitting on the couch, on the train or just waiting in a queue.
Featuring an intuitive multitouch interface, many sculpting brushes, powerful remeshing capabilities, Cinema 4D file import/export and other formats, a high quality brush system, and many other awesome features, now thanks to Forger you can sketch out ideas anywhere you go.
A in-built connection to Maxon’s Cinema 4D, winner of a Sci-Tech award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science, means a seamless transfer to the highest level professional animation tools to bring your work to life!
* File I/O - Save your scenes to the internal scene format and use the other popular file 3D formats to import or export new models or base meshes into your favorite 3D application.
* Brushes - With many brushes to choose from; standard, clay, flatten, move, pull, smooth, pinch, inflate, crease, scrape, polish, planar, layer, stamp and mask. You will always find the one you need for the right task, each brush has an alternate function that does even more! Use custom stamps (alphas) to finish your models.
Forger has a desktop-class brush engine that allows you to be able to do anything you would in a regular Desktop sculpting application, without compromises, whether you're after using brush images, need jitters or want to do smooth strokes, you no longer need to compromise your workflow for using a mobile app.
* Professional concept sculpting - With two powerful remeshing algorithms (volume based remeshing and edge-flow topological remeshing), the ability to cap holes, slice, split and merge sub-meshes; doing concept sculpting on a mobile device is no longer a dream.
* Multi-resolution meshes - Increase the resolution of the model by multiplying the number of faces by four, whilst keeping the previous (coarser) version of the mesh as another sub-level. Step back and forth between levels to do big changes or work on details. Rebuild subdivision levels on previously subdivided meshes if importing from another software and carry on with Forger!
* Partial mesh visibility - Hiding parts of the model you are working on will help you focus on your sculpture, and getting to hard to reach areas.
* Masks - Control the areas your brushes can affect by masking them. Masking will make sculpting in delicate areas easier.
* Sculpt layers - Work in a non destructive manner by creating layers per sub-level for quick concepting and adjusting their intensities for different results.
* Advanced stylus & external keyboard support - Users can choose whether they want brushes to be affected by pressure in strength or size. Users that are used to sculpting & texturing softwares will feel at home with keyboard support, allowing them to skip the learning stage of the app due to the very common shortcuts found in known Desktop 3D digital content creation tools.
* Vertex Colors - Paint your creations with per-vertex colors for presentation purposes, use this to create rough base textures or final stylized ones
* Community – A vibrant forum which you can use if you have any ideas on how it could be improved, found any bug, or just want to say hi! ; )
Note: Please do not leave feature requests or bug reports on the app review comments as they won't be tracked internally, consider contacting support before leaving a bad review as whether it is a dev error or some user error mistakes can be easily resolved, use the website support form or the forum to contact us.
-Fixes possible issue with delayed interface refresh introduced by iOS15.
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t mind a subscription
Completely willing to pay the $15 asking price for a subscription, completely understand that without a viable revenue approach it’s not sustainable.
What I don’t want is to have to create yet another account on yet another platform to use the app. Oh well.
eh it’s pretty good
To be honest this app is very cool. and i don’t really mind paying a dollar a month for full access to about everything that’s like a deal to me, it’s kinda hard to work with at first but it gets better once you get used to it. i do recommend, although some of the things like shading and the variety of starter tools are a little crappy it still works for me. But overall it’s very fun to just play around with.
Perfect app for hobbyist that just wants to get started
Maybe I’m too much of a newb at this but I think this app is amazing. It works perfectly, good tutorials and pretty easy to learn interface. I have yet to have to see a subscription prompt or ad for the one project I finally finished on this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Maxon Computer GmbH
- 65.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Maxon Computer GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Forger Subscription $1.99
- Forger Subscription $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.