"This gorgeous indie game is like a Ghibli film brought to life" - The Verge
“Masterly storytelling in a fantastical world. You will remember this.” - Eurogamer Recommended
“Forgotton Anne is an incredibly beautiful adventure” - Washington Post
“...if you’re a fan of Studio Ghibli, or just great stories in general, this is undoubtedly one to check out” - 9/10 Gamereactor UK
Step into a hand-animated realm of wonder in which everyday objects take on a life of their own. Uncover the Forgotlings’ mysteries & harness magical forces as you embark upon a quest to return home.
- Discover a beautifully realised world of wonder filled with Forgotlings - charming everyday objects brought to life, bursting with personality.
- Uncover the truth behind the harrowing conflict taking place between an impassioned ruler and ruthless rebellion.
- Harness the power of Anima, the energy that brings life to the Forgotten Lands. Use it to solve puzzles and command ultimate control over Forgotlings’ lives.
- Choose carefully. Your words and actions can alter the tale being told thanks to a branching dialogue system that places the power in your hands.
- Run, leap, and soar as you strive to guide Anne home, unlocking areas and abilities along the way.
- Enjoy hand-animated visuals created using the same traditional techniques that brought your favourite animated movies to life.
- Immerse yourself in a soaring orchestral score performed by the Copenhagen Philharmonic Orchestra.
- A problem causing the game to freeze in a black screen due to an inability to create a save file on rare occasions has been resolved.
- An issue causing the game to fail to load text overlays due to a discrepancy between the system language and the available in-game languages has been fixed.
- Additional minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Forgotton Anne is a beautiful game where you navigate trying to bring peace back to the land. The first time playing I was dissappointed to see the first cut scene lag and frames dip. But with a quick graphics change, everything smoothened out. This game has little to no hand holding and it's simply amazing. Its beautiful art style compliments the tone of the game! Voice acting is 10/10, with radically different characters every step of the way. Other than the fact of not being able to manually save and non remappable controls, this game is simply a must buy!
One of my Favorites
This game is wonderful; from the individual choices within the game to the overall story, it is beautifully written. The sheer concept of the world is enough to pull you in deeper. I love the simple controls and the interactions with the environment and its people, and it seems the developers thought of everything in terms of playability. I am sure you will be captivated by the imaginative characters and how the story unfolds for everyone. Fantastic!
Gorgeous! Finished in a Month!:)
With a 2013 2.7Ghz i7 16GB RAM MacBook Pro, My computer works hard but no with no lag. My best advice is to have the YouTube Walkthough by Indie James on another comptuer so when you get stuck, you can find the answer quickly. Otherwise, the some tricky puzzle games can get frustrating. It's a niche boundary crosser - a sci-fi adventure using an "enforcer" that's a 20-year old sweet gal, the daughter/worker of the god-like old city supervisor character Bonku. Anne's goal is to stop the rebels from messing up the city - whimsical creatures that mimic normal things. The ether, a sort of non-existentent death is to be avoided and the rebels are trying to cross the "ether bridge" to avoid it. Anne can't die, but she can get stuck, in which case, you start the section over again. The controls are simple, walk, run, jump, big jump, and energy powered flying jump. The Arca gives the ability to move energy and kill rebels if needed (not often). Lots of philosophical and theological thoughts about god, free-will, dreams, what's real, and what things really are. Excellent illustrations, puzzle designs, adventure path restrictions which point you in the right direction, writing and voice acting. Very good controls, only a few times were they tough to control. The energy element creates lots of puzzles as Anne tries to open things and move forward. That said, a game pad would have been easier. This is almost like a full-length film. It was probably worth $39.99. Real an excellent adventure. Like "The Room game" times 10 with a story and a philosophy. I liked it, although it took a while. My 9 year old niece liked Anne but the game play was too slow for her taste.
- Forgotton Anne ApS
- 2.3 GB
OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Forgotton Anne ApS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.