*** ForkLift 3 is currently not available in the Mac App Store. To avoid confusion we made ForkLift 2 free. If you purchased ForkLift 2 here and wish to upgrade to ForkLift 3 please visit our website for more information***
ForkLift is a robust and elegant Finder replacement and FTP + SFTP + WebDAV + Amazon s3 client, fully embracing the Apple methodology of bringing incredible power to a beautiful and easy-to-use, approachable interface, it also integrates multiple features you would normally buy in many separate applications. Batch Rename, App Deleter, Archive creation & management, powerful Folder Sync, and the ability to Split and Combine large files are all at your fingertips.
NOTE: App Store versions do not contain the Disklet feature and cannot perform privileged file operations.
• Dual-pane, tabbed file management
• Connect to a remote or shared volume using FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, iDisk, SMB, AFP, NIS
• Stacks: virtual containers for working with many disparate files across volumes
• Workspaces: save a snapshot of your current directories and connections
• Folder Sync: keep two folders in sync with granular control including powerful RegExp rules
• Synclets: save any sync setup as a stand-alone app for one-button instant updating from your dock or as a cronjob
• Remote Edit files with the editors of your choice, configurable based on file extensions
• Transfer Queue: manage copy operations with global conflict management and file reordering
• Favorites Manager: organize large numbers of connections with ease
• Multi-Rename files with sequencing, add/replace text, RegExp, and metadata support
• Archive creation and management using the Unarchiver framework
• Powerful RegExp-enabled Search, Filter and Select files on any volume
• App Deleter that automatically finds and deletes related app preferences and plists
• Split and combine large files
• Columns, List, Icon and Cover Flow views with full Quick Look support
• Full keyboard support with configurable shortcuts
• Blazing fast transfer engine
If you have any questions or thoughts, please email us at email@example.com
- Fixes an issue that caused ForkLift to hang on startup on El Capitan
- Numerous other fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Free Forklift 2 Deserves Some Love
Seriously, free Forklift 2 and BinaryNights deserves some love. Thanks to BinaryNights for making Forklift 2 available for FREE.
When I want/need a high performance FTP application, I use Yummy FTP Pro. And I pay for that without hesitation or regret.
If Forklift 2 isn’t a self-actualized FTP client and file manager that represents the full possibilities of the genre in the most elegant way possible, I still find it useful.
Mostly, I use Forklift to sync folders and USB drives. For that kind of task, Forklift functions like a user-friendly version of rsync. Less frequently, I use Forklift to view hidden files and folders. I find that more convenient than changing Finder settings to do the same thing. Forklift is also a secondary FTP client for me, and I have used it that way without problems. Compared to something like Filezilla, it looks more like a super model than outdated
It is quite a versatile application that can be a little complicated to understand, but you don’t have to understand everything to find useful ways of putting it to work.
Functional, reliable, but clumsy design & showing age
This app has about all the features you’d really need in a file manager. The problem is that it feels dated and the the user interface is very clumsy compared to what I’m used to on other platforms like Altap Salamander (for Windows) and Krusader for (Linux/KDE).
I’ve been using this tool for quite a few months and have never really gotten a “feel” for it like others. For instance, instead of clicking a star to open one of the directory panels into a page, why not make it a drop down with font type set to 9pt. For this menu, make folders default to collapsed so I can stuff all my dozens of bookmarks into this nice small space.
That said, this tool does what it claims and works fine.
Only Problem Issue
Very nice app and icon. App connects well to host site. Easy setup.
My only issue is that I don't see an easy way to refresh the folders when a file is added or deleted. I have to close the connection and then reopen to see the new files added. There are no support manuals to review on this.
The developer, BinaryNights, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- BinaryNights LLC
- 8.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015, BinaryNights LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.