FormConnect Pro is an easy to use app for creating business forms for your iPhone and iPad. Its simple design allows you to customize the forms the way you want them to look. It includes all of the standard features of the FormConnect app plus several enhanced features for business professionals.
• An enhanced form designer for customizing forms.
• An auto export setting that automates the uploading of forms to Dropbox, Box, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.
• A spreadsheet like function for summing rows and columns.
• A field linking function that links two fields together so that data entered into one field automatically populates the other field.
• A lock setting that prevents records from being altered.
• A required field setting that won't save the record until the field is completed.
• A Kiosk data entry mode.
• A GPS field setting for displaying latitude and longitude coordinates.
• Pre-built form templates.
• Multiple field field types to choose from (text, dates checkbox, drop down, radio buttons, signature, labels, notes, etc.).
• Select from multiple theme types (folder, clipboard, binders etc.) to change the look of the form (iPad Only).
• Touch screen or external keyboard support.
• Capture signatures with a stylus.
• Snap pictures with the built-in camera.
• Import pictures from the photo library.
• Annotate on top of photos.
• Store data locally.
• Import and export records.
• Export data into the following formats: (PDF, CSV, XML, HTML, FMC).
• AirPrint wireless printing support.
• Copying and pasting of fields.
• Aggregate records across multiple iOS devices.
• Pre-populate fields when adding new records.
• Lock a form so it cannot be edited.
• Auto increment a numbered field.
• Adjust the size and length of a field.
• Adjust the font size of a text label.
• Support for horizontal & vertical lines.
• Text formatting (bolding, italicizing and coloring).
• Field Alignment (left, right and center).
• Support for iOS 12
• Better integration with OneDrive for Business
• Modifications to the app's iPhone user interface
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Subtle brilliance in forms and simplified database design
After spending several days researching simplified forms-oriented apps with a light database capability and strong import/export I decided on FormsConnect and was rewarded with near instantaneous ROI and business benefit with very little learning curve. The forms designer is pure brilliance and simplicity and the overall interface instinctive to use. The import and export is extensive so you have complete control over your data— native format, xml, csv, pdf, html— it doesn’t get better than that and even zips-up your images. Camera roll and camera integration is seamless. The Dropbox feature allows you to easily export and snapshot your forms database frequently giving you comfort as you load large amounts of data into the app. I’ve used the app extensively, it has been 100% stable.
Good for individual use on single device
It’s a great app for designing forms! But it’s has some issues for me.
1. App is not user friendly if using with multiple devices. For example if you like working on an iPad in the office & iPhone when out on the road the app will not sync. You basically have to email the data entered on device(1) to device(2). Once you start working on device(2) the data on device(1) will be old and you’ll have to email the newer data on device(2) back to device(1). So basically you will have to keep sending things back and forth to yourself very often. This is easy until you forget to send something once, then you will have a large list of data to scroll through to find out which one you didn’t send.
2. If you add a record and use a dropbox drive you can’t really update that file. The app will just keep creating a new file for the same record in your dropbox drive every time you export it.
3. File lookup. If you keep records using numeric file names you will find that the app dose not keep things in numerical order. After about 100 files it’s getting very hard to look up file and to keep the data up-to-date on two devices.
4. If you plan using this as your only invoice tool... forget it!
You can create excellent invoices but the app does not have a feature to mark an invoice as PAID or overdue. Also you have to get out the good old calculator to total up all your invoices manually.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Your use case is a little different than the way most of our customers use the app in that you want to fill out a new form (create a new record) and then have any changes that you make to this form sync back to your various devices and also update the file that you had previously saved to Dropbox. Most of our customers aren’t using the app in that way. They fill out the form once and then save it as a permanent record (pdf format) to Dropbox or other file service.
You also made some comments regarding other features of the FormConnect app and we will respond to those comments below:
Syncing data between various devices is a high priority for us but so is data security and data integrity. We have been working on this capability to sync data between various devices for some time now but don’t want to release this capability until we are confident that your data is secure during the syncing process. We feel that we are making good progress and hope to offer this syncing functionality in a few months.
When you fill out a form using our app, we store that completed form as a record in the app’s database so that it can be quickly accessed if you need to retrieve it on a future date. When that record is exported to Dropbox or some other file service, it is saved as a file in the format of your choosing (pdf, csv, xml. fmc, etc.). The filename format includes the form name + the record name. It is the combination of the form name and the filename that gives it some uniqueness. Example - Inspection Report Form (ABC Company).pdf, Inspection Report Form (XYZ Company).pdf. If we used the same filename each time and did not provide some uniqueness to the filename, then the file would get overwritten and you would only have one copy of this file. We feel a better approach is to save each completed form with a unique filename so that it can never get overwriten and provide you with a copy of the file in case you ever need to retrieve it.
Records are stored in alphabetical order as opposed to numerical order. You can use the search bar to look up a numeric record by entering any string of numeric characters.
If you want to mark an invoice PAID or overdue, create two checkboxes on the form and tick one of them when the invoice comes due.
Excellent, without being over complicated!
After reviewing and reading reviews for over a month I came upon FormConnect and was instantly excited about the prospect of capturing the data I needed, without having to pay for things I didn’t need. It did take a bit to get started and when I had a question I submitted a customer service request. I received a call the same day and Steve spent over an hour going through the questions I had, and the functions he felt would be helpful. I cant wait to start using it because I know my clients will find the process much more comfortable and seamless.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.