FormMate™ enables you to fill out pdf forms and generate new pdf files with your modifications electronically.
It is a very simple process to open up a pdf, add text data or images (such as your signature or a check mark, etc.). You can then print, fax or save the resulting pdf to disk.
HOW IT WORKS:
FormMate™ "references" the pdf. It does not modify the original pdf in any way. The resulting file is a pdf that references the original pdf with overlaid changes.
- Ability to include the pdf in the file (for portability to other computers) or reference the pdf to save space.
- Unlimited scaling capabilities, for precise alignment of your inputs.
- "QuickCells" is a great new way to quickly and easily add text and images that you need frequently in your documents, such as your name, address, signature, check boxes, etc.
- Tools are included for easy and precise layout and alignment of your data.
- Continuous scrolling allows you to quickly view an entire document.
- Thumbnails are available for quick navigation.
- You can easily differentiate the data that you have added to the original pdf.
Fixed issues related to macOS 10.12 (Sierra).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A little to basic for my needs
Too basic. I was looking to add fillable checkmarks for my form and could not fin out how. Help was no help and the link for help goes really nowhere.
I picked up this app awhile ago, figuring at some point it would come in handy. Boy, did it! Whether it's a tax form, application or whatever, this gem opens the pdf, and a simple doubletap on any line, checkbox or area allows you to start typing. It's just as easy to move the text around, so it better sits on the line or within the area provided. You save to the app's proprietary format, then "export" to pdf. BUT, this is one of the rare times where that special format works for you, rather than against you. Weeks later, you can open the "completed" form-- with the .FrM8 extension -- and EASILY revise whatever you desire. Export it to pdf again, and you're good to go. I have several PDF-related apps, but this one gets this one job done, in a jiffy, and I appreciate the ease of use. Outstanding bargain!
Great Alternative to the More Expensive, Big Name PDF Editor
As a former user of the well known, very expensive, big name PDF editor (Windows version), I needed to find an alternative for my Mac (as the big name developer wouldn't allow me to convert my Windows license to Mac). Looking at my choices, I decided to give FormMate a try. Wow, am I glad I did! This app is amazing! Worked like a charm, and the results actually look BETTER than the PDFs I used to edit in the past. I would definitely recommend this app to anyone looking to add text to an existing PDF document with very little fuss and great results!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.