Handshake is the college-to-career network for more than 14M students and young alumni at 700 universities nationwide. Discover and apply to jobs and internships from over 300K employers, with representation from 100% of the Fortune 500, including top financial institutions, cutting edge tech companies, leading design and marketing agencies, and nonprofits saving the world. Job recommendations are curated based on your interests, skills, major, location preferences, and search history. Discover and attend Events and Career fairs.
New features and bug fixes added, including:
- External Video Sessions: Fixed a bug where external video sessions were inaccessible.
- Virtual Career Fairs: Students now can attend virtual career fairs on Handshake! Sign up for group or 1:1 sessions with employers to learn about internship and job opportunities and get hired.
- Career Interests on Mobile: Fill out your career interests to see relevant job recommendations and stand out to recruiters. Career interests are always private.
- Follow and Save Employers on Mobile: Follow employers you're interested in to be the first to know about new opportunities. Also save your favorite jobs and apply when you're ready.
- Career Fair and Event Search: Search for both career fairs and events in one place and use filters to narrow down which ones to attend.
- Handshake Mobile Team
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Too wide search results
The app is ok, and the results do match well for search terms unlike some other job apps. My complaint is that the search area is way too wide. I’m north of Baltimore and my results are for DC and northern VA. The website lets you narrow it by distance but the app does not. I hope this changes because otherwise I can see this being a good, useful app. I just don’t have time to look through all these jobs I’d never apply to.
Needs work done
The app needs allot of work still. First off there isn’t a log off button anywhere so if you signed up with the wrong email then good luck on fixing that. There are many things the website has that cannot be accessed through the app such as viewing other students in your school. As for the actual job searching tool it is far too wide. I live in Texas. Denton to be exact yet I’m seeing jobs in other states. The app has potential but I’m honestly surprised that it seems as if it wasn’t tested thoroughly. What I recommend for you all to do is ask various students all the problems we are having with your website. A simple survey email should suffice.
Login doesn’t work
Used to be pretty good, but now it just asks me to create a new account even though I already have a .edu with my university.
Update: Apparently, my university changed the email to be used with Handshake. It is still the same for receiving emails, but with some added characters for Handshake...some sort of alias perhaps? I don’t know the reason of this, but now it works.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.