Go paperless. Get organized. Download and play something new in seconds. With forScore for iOS, iPadOS, and now even for macOS, your scores have never been better—it’s everything you can do with paper and so much more. As seen in Apple keynote addresses and retail stores worldwide!
On your music stand or on the go, it's the complete PDF sheet music reading experience that has wowed musicians all over the world for years:
• Copy PDFs from other apps like Safari and Mail
• Import scores from popular cloud storage services and content providers like Musicnotes.com
• Share scores and setlists with colleagues, whether or not they use forScore
• Add metadata to your scores for a perfectly browsable, instantly searchable library
• Create smart bookmarks to manage longer files containing multiple parts or pieces
• Group scores manually with Setlists to play through them from start to finish
• View full pages in portrait orientation and crop them to better fit your device's screen
• Turn your device sideways for bigger scrolling pages or view two pages side by side instead
• Use Reflow on smaller screens to lay out systems of music end-to-end like a horizontal teleprompter
• Enter annotation mode to draw with your finger, type text, or place common symbols onto the page
• Draw at any time with Apple Pencil for an incredibly natural and responsive, always-on annotation experience
• Separate your annotations into layers and show or hide them at any time
• Create links and buttons to handle repeats or perform common actions with a single tap
• Rearrange and duplicate pages of a score to play without jumping back and forth
• Connect your Bluetooth page turner for hands-free navigation
• Access integrated utilities like our metronome, pitch pipe, tuner, and piano keyboard
• Link tracks to scores to loop regions, adjust pitch, and even use them to record and play back your page turns
• Connect wirelessly to nearby devices and coordinate your page turns and program changes effortlessly
There's much more than those highlights, though, so be sure to visit forscore.co to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best!
Note: forScore also offers an optional, annual auto-renewing subscription called forScore Pro that unlocks additional features and content (visit forScore.co/pro for complete details). forScore Pro is a 1-year subscription that renews automatically until canceled. Should you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will then automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Complete terms of service are available on our website at: forScore.co/terms-of-service
This version includes minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A must have for professional musicians
Gone are the days of having big 3 ringed binders with several copies of manuscripts weighing down a stand. Or sheet music falling off a stand while you're trying to play it. The iPad and this app have revolutionized the way we practice and rehearse today. This app is simply amazing. I use it everyday. They really have thought of everything with this app and I have been thoroughly impressed by it. I have been using it for a good 2 years now. Features such as making set lists, annotations, categorizing by artist/composers/songs etc, share options directly from the app, creating backups of your organizations and being able to open attachments from the iOS mail app directly in this app make it simply amazing. I can't say enough about it because I would just continue to ramble.
To the developers of this app... We the musicians greatly appreciate you for creating something that makes our lives and careers easier. We thank you for creating something that's seamless, easy to use, has every feature we could want all while running smooth with little to no crashes. Thank you also for constantly keeping this app updated and adding additional features. I’m always learning something new with this software I didn’t already know it could do.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, it really means a lot to us!
Fantastic App for musicians
This app is the greatest bargain there is for musicians - continually upgraded with no charge. I love the pro version. The extra stamps and annotation features are very useful. I’m a user for 5 years since the 1st 12.9” iPad Pro was released in 2016. With the AirTurn Duo page turner, it’s a must have combination for professional keyboardists and other musicians. The facial gesture page turn feature is really cool for organists who cannot place a page turn pedal on the floor because of the organ pedals. Stores and organizes ALL your music. Only limited by the storage of your tablet. This setup has never failed me in 5 years and I use it every day. Keep everything charged and backed up and it is practically fool proof. I had far more problems with printed music trying to find things, bringing the wrong folder, turning two pages, pages stuck together, book won’t stay open, wind blowing pages, stand lamp burning out, etc. I brought paper music as a back up for the 1st year but realized it wasn’t necessary. Also, you don’t need a lamp any longer although I use one just to illuminate the keys in the orchestra pit. Life changing. This is not a music notation app. It is a PDF reader for music and any other PDF file.
Great App, but Syncing songs isn’t working.
ForScore is a great app for any level and any player, especially for people (like myself) who have many songs. However I have two concerns.
1. The sync isn’t working. I use forScore on multiple devices, but the songs do not sync with other devices linked with the same account. This is troublesome because when trying to use my phone or more portable device than my IPad, it doesn’t work, and I have to take the pictures one by one to get all of the pieces on each device.
2. The second problem is the flipping page feature. I know the app calibrates to one side or the other by tapping on the right or left side, but I think there needs to be a heightened sensitivity setting. The reason for this is because I play at recitals and in public areas often. I have played at some mini concerts until COVID 19 came around. With the page not flipping when I tap it, IT MESSES UP MY PERFORMANCE. I either have to modify the piece to make it like I didn’t make a mistake, or I have to pause awkwardly mid performance. This has happened to me many times, and I cannot stand mistakes in public performances. It makes me look like an inexperienced rookie playing. I can understand if I tap once and it doesn’t turn and it turns the second time But when I am button mashing the screen and it still doesn’t respond, that is a problem.
Fix these issues, and I’ll give your stars back.
Developer Response ,
Hi, I'm happy to help you understand how forScore's gestures work and show you how to customize the settings to minimize incorrect page turns—just visit forScore.co/support or choose "Support" from forScore's tools menu to use the contact options available there. As for syncing, forScore doesn't currently offer this functionality so it's not that it isn't working, it's not yet available (and yes, we're actively working to add this in the future, though we have no timeframe at this point). Thanks for your understanding, I hope we hear from you soon.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- forScore, LLC
- 8.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 forScore, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- forScore Pro $9.99
- Brahms: The Mutopia Collection $0.00
- Beethoven: The Mutopia Collection $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.