FotoMagico, used by thousands of professional and amateur photographers around the world, is the easiest way to create a gorgeous slideshow on your Mac, mixing photos with movies and audio, for a storytelling effect like none other. FotoMagico brings photos to life and keeps any audience at the edge of their seats.
UPGRADE INFO: If you previously purchased FotoMagico 3 or 4 from the App Store, please read https://boinx.com/how2upgrade
• Knock the socks of your audience with your live presentations
• Step up your wedding photography game and make the newlyweds happy
• Relive and retell your travel adventures
• Save a lot of time animating stills for your Final Cut Pro X projects
• Spice up your storefront window or Point of Sales signage
• Be endlessly creative and get impressive results quickly
• Make your photos and videos stand out with brilliant quality
FOTOMAGICO 5 HIGHLIGHTS
• Snippets give you a whole new way to compose complex slideshows quickly by simply choosing from a collection of pre-built story parts and adding in your own photos and videos
• Music Snippets keep you out of copyright troubles by providing free to use CC licensed music and the proper attribution
• Animation Assistant lets you choose from a variety of styles to automatically make your slideshow move
• Improved Text Editing and Text Placeholders make it a snap to express yourself. Automatically insert slideshow title, author, music title and artist or filename, EXIF metadata and more to quickly create a portfolio show.
• Audio Marker Assistant helps you to keep music and slides in perfect harmony (Pro Feature via In-App Purchase)
• Audio Volume Envelopes & Fades – the most requested new feature! Use envelopes to make parts of the music softer when you intend to speak, or if video volume should take center stage, or increase volume when you want to enhance the mood. (Pro Feature via In-App Purchase)
• Completely new dark user interface
MORE PRO FEATURES AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE
(The upgrade to Pro is available as an In-App purchase for US$49.99. Owners of previous versions of FotoMagico will receive this In-App Purchase at a reduced price or for free. More info at: https://boinx.com/how2upgrade)
• Timeline View displays the timing of the slideshow in a more intuitive way
• Extra audio track and recording mode for narration
• Direct access to Aperture and Lightroom photo libraries
• Teleprompter view supports you when giving a live presentation
• Chapters let you group your slides for a better overview
• Masks and Borders give you more creative possibilities
• Additional export options: Standalone Player, ProRes video file, custom video format
For more information, please visit our website boinx.com/fotomagico
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com or visit the support website boinx.com/connect
• FotoMagico is now compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
• Since support for converting legacy video files was removed from macOS 10.15 Catalina, these legacy video files now have to be re-encoded with third party software (e.g. Handbrake).
• FotoMagico now launches again on Macs set to Spanish, Italian, or Portuguese.
• Recording narration now works again on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
• Fixed several visual glitches in dark mode user interface.
• Various stability improvements and small fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice app but Preferences/Settings are very unstable
Between surviving on a meager retirement income yet wishing to merge thousands of my photos from 20 years ago into slideshows, I sought a reasonably simple yet inexpensive slideshow app.
After research and based on reviews, I decided on FotoMagico 5. I took a quick liking to it and as I gained experience with more of the features I thought I'd found the gem...
HOWEVER, the euphoria faded fast...
From one use to the next of the app I found instability in the Preferences and Settings. Even worse, settings would change in the middle of a project... like from 16:9 to 4k, which I only found out after 'Sharing'. And the only way to fix it was to begin another project from scratch.
After contacting Boinx support they recommended flushing the app form the Mac then reinstalling FotoMagico 5.
I did so and had no instability for barely a half-dozen uses before experiencing the same thing.
Boinx Support asked if I could document the issue with QuickTime full-screen videos, to which I agreed.
Being so inconsistent, I was unable to document opening FM5, changing all the Preferences to what I want, closing the app, reopening it and checking to see if Preferences changed or not.
After many attempts over a week of use I was unable to 'document' it on video. Yet in that time, the Preferences had reset on their own at least a dozen times.
Now if the problem was restricted to the overall Preferences, I could probably live with it, checking them every time I used the app and immediately after beginning a new project.
But now I've found it affects EVERY setting in the app. It resets to defaults everything! Whether it is the settings for one specific slideshow, or the font type/size/color for titles, the volume of audio clips, in short, it resets everything. Needless to say this more than doubles the time to create each-and-every project.
As a former (Windows) software test engineer I find this totally unacceptable!
Could the issue reside wherever the Preferences & Settings information is kept? (.plist file?) Whatever, it needs to be fixed.
NOTE: I acknowledge the possibility the High Sierra OS upgrade has a part to play in this issue.
UPDATE Dec 9, 2017: Changing rating from 3 to 5.
I'm VERY impressed with the caring & personal response from Boinx tech support. The latest update (5.5.3) appears to have resolved ALL the issues I experienced.
I offer a hearty congratualtions to Boinx for responsive action... something very rare from any business in this day and age. Thank you!
Think this is Fraud
Nowhere is there in indication that this requires and In-App purchuse. Was hoping it had the same simple feature of the old Presenter app. It does not. Wish there was a way to get my money back for this.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to hear that FotoMagico does not meet your expectations. The PhotoPresenter app was a very different application. Unfortunately, we were not able to continue its development.
The in-app purchase is not required. It unlocks some features that only more advanced users really need.
For refunds, please contact the Apple App Store Support.
Finally, a very good slidewhow program for Macs
I was a Windows PC user for many years and used a great slideshow software (ProShow Gold by Photodex); unfortunately, it is only for the Windows environment. After becoming a very happy Mac user seven years ago, I continued to search for high quality slideshow software but found there wasn’t much available for Macs. However, I discovered Fotomagico through an online review, decided to give it a try and was reasonably pleased with their earlier versions. However, the newest version Fotomagico 5 has really been taken to the professional level and offers virtually everything you will need. They have an excellent online user manual, some good video tutorials, good online resources, forum, blog. They continue to enhance the program regularly and now offer some great add-ons (“snippets). I can recommend this program highly. Frankly, I don’t think there is anything else in the free standing slideshow program area for Macs that offers such high quality slideshow capabilities. Like most sophisticated programs, there is a learning curve that requires some devotion.
- Boinx Software Ltd.
- 371.5 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2004 - 2019 by IMAGINE GbR. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.