Looking for something to do this weekend? Considering a road trip but not sure where to go? Visiting a new town and don't want to miss that perfect photo?
Fotospot is an attraction discovery app that surfaces 1,000s of curated, "photo-worthy" tourist attractions in your area. Discover amazing waterfalls, giant donuts (and one bagel), unique museums, film locations from your favorite movies and TV shows, scenic and historic locations, plus loads of other attractions featuring the wild, the wonderful, and the just plain weird.
Fotospot also let's you suggest new spots, add photos and comments, check in to existing attractions, save attractions so you can visit them later, compete on the leaderboard, and follow your friends' adventures.
Never miss another photo with Fotospot.
U.S. States available in app:
District of Columbia
A Few Notes:
- This app is free to play.
- We recommended using while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time and is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatible with iPhone® 6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus/7/7 Plus devices with iOS Version 8-9+ installed.
- Compatibility with 5/5c/5s/SE devices is not guaranteed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can reduce battery life.
UI and Performance Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Traveling? Get this app, you won’t regret it!
I used this app on a road trip with my brother, and we had a blast with it. We stopped into places that we normally would have driven past without a thought. We met some interesting people and learned a few things also. This app definitely added to our trip and can’t wait to get the rest of my family involved.
Two thumbs up to Fotospot!
Developer Response ,
Thanks @LuomaFam! - Appreciate the kind words. The Fotospot Team
Seem to be a good app, but not user friendly
Downloaded this app after seeing its ad on instagram. It is cool that I can see photo worthy spots nearby where I am. However, I want to see other cities as well for planning my future trips. Main list view is always set to my current location - I cannot change it to somewhere else. I am able to manually change to another city with the map view, but every time I click on a photo worth spot then go to prior screen hoping to see other spots, it resets my map view back to my current location.
Hopefully the developer can make an update to this app. Or if I am using incorrectly and there is this function already, please advise. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Hello SpicyRamen23-- When on the list view screen, tap the circle at the top of the app (with the state abbreviation). This will allow you to change states. If you have more questions, please email us at email@example.com - Thanks!
Would be perfect if I could check in to spots I’ve been at
This app is pretty cool and has awesome places I need to get photos at. This app would be perfect if it would let me check in to places I’ve already visited it and taken a picture at (kind of how yep lets you go back and check in after the fact). Sadly there are places I would love to check in (and can verify with location picture was taken) that I will probably never visit again and that makes me really sad to not be able to check in to those places.
Developer Response ,
Hi OlgaOutrageous-- This is a really great suggestion. We're adding to our product calendar. Thanks! The Fotospot Team
- Ghosty Inc
- 21.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Ghosty Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.