Swarm is the best way to keep track of the places you go. From the new café downtown to that killer ramen spot in Tokyo, you’ll never ask “what was the name of that place?” again. Whether you love to be a local, or are trying to travel the globe, check in so you can remember everywhere with Swarm.
• This is lifelogging made easy. Each time you check in we’ll add a pin your personal map so you can look back on the places you visit. Help out your future self by adding a photo or a note to your check-ins to make the memories all the better.
• Indian Restaurant? Check. Karaoke bar? Check. Haven’t been to an Art Museum yet? Now’s your chance to go somewhere new! Explore more and collect different types of places. You’ll earn fun Stickers along the way.
• Whether it’s your 10th week in a row at the gym, first time to Canada, or the 25th time you’ve gotten ice cream with your BFF, the more you check in, the more helpful insights you’ll get about your habits and explorations.
*A note on battery. We’ve spent *years* developing the location technology that powers Foursquare Swarm, making it extremely power efficient. But, as with all apps of this type, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Bug fixes and minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
"What was the name of that coffee shop?" Foursquare's Swarm helps you remember where you've been — from your local favorites to your world travels — with a simple check-in. See where you and your friends have checked in and view tips from others who have visited before.
Diary or Journal; nothing more.
I’ve had Swarm since it was just Foursquare. Swarm is actually useless these days for anything other than logging where you’ve been. That’s really the only reason I still use it. I like to see where I’ve been and when it was. That’s come in handy when traveling because sometimes on vacation I can’t remember “that little shop” or restaurant.
The coins mean nothing and can’t be used for anything...not even a free drink or discount at a bar or cafe. I have about 43K coins and have no idea what they’re for or how to use them.
It’s basically a check-in app I use with only a single travel buddy so we know where we’ve been during our travels. I’ll use it as long as it’s available on my phone.
Swarm user for years, frustrated with lack of fixes
I was a Foursquare user for a long time, then got moved to Swarm when they were forcing people to switch.
It has been a great way to keep a history of my check-ins, and I like to have it linked to my twitter. I have two huge problems though and they have persisted for years and I have emailed and tweeted support multiple times and they either ignore me or tell me they are “working on it.” Well, they’ve been “working on it” for years now and nothing has changed.
First, the app is hit-or-miss in whether it recognizes an event is taking place at the location of your check in. For example, checking in at a music venue and it doesn’t recognize a concert is taking place, or at an arena and it doesn’t recognize the pro sporting event that’s happening. This has gotten worse the last few years and it only recognizes maybe 60% of the events I’m attending. And these are huge events with anywhere from 1K-20k people.
Secondly, if you have the app linked to twitter, it tweets your check-in, then ruins it by sticking an ad in the tweet with a pic of their logo and link to the Swarm website. It makes your timeline ugly as hell and you can’t change it.
I wish to hell there was a different app I could use for check ins but unfortunately Swarm is the only one, so I’m stuck. I would pay $$$ for an app that fixed these issues, but oh well.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Foursquare Labs, Inc.
- 63 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 7.0 or later.
English, Catalan, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © foursquare
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.