"I'm obsessed with the FourTrack recording app - a super powerful studio in your pocket." Trey Anastasio (Phish guitarist) in Rolling Stone Magazine
• Multitrack recording: use bounce for more than 4 tracks
• 16 bit, 44.1 kHz recording quality
• Pan Control: move tracks from left to right
• Timeline: seek to anywhere in a song
• Latency Compensation: accurate to within 1ms
• Compressor-Limiter: fattens sound of output mix
• Bounce: mix song to track 1 and 2 of a new song to record as many tracks as you want
• Metronome: select tempo by number or tapping. Record along with real drums, including beats by Jason McGerr (Death Cab for Cutie)
• MasterFX: sweeten the sound of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ
• File Import - Import audio by opening an audio email attachment, or dragging audio files into FourTrack's FileImport in iTunes, or by copying from another AudioCopy enabled app. Supports .wav, .mp3 and .aiff formats
• File Export - Export your recordings by uploading to Dropbox (share/email from Dropbox), or saving to your Desktop with iTunes file sharing, or use AudioCopy to copy your tracks to another app
• Input Monitoring - Use FourTrack's settings tool to enable/disable input monitoring. Input monitoring is enabled when a track is armed and in either Pause or Record mode. Playback of existing tracks overrides input monitoring. When input monitoring is on, sliders on armed tracks are enabled and control the monitor mix
• Jam along with iTunes by launching FourTrack while your iTunes Music app is playing.
• Interface Control Panel - Adjust the input settings of GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini, GuitarJack Model 2 and other third-party interfaces.
• TaylorEQ - Input EQ for enhancing FourTrack recordings of Taylor Guitars or any acoustic instrument - select from a range of Taylor body styles in basic mode, or select the Advanced tab to adjust the 6 band parametric equalizer
• ARM Optimized Audio Engine - Hand optimized assembly code
• New in v6: GuitarTone amps & effects in FourTrack updated to sound even better. Purchase amp and effect packs in the stand-alone GuitarTone App, and they will be automatically activated in FourTrack as well
• New in v7: Dropbox Sync: Upload and store your mixes and projects to your Dropbox account, then share your music by emailing links to friends
• New in v7.1: AudioCopy 3: Copy and paste audio between other AudioCopy 3 enabled apps, and dded support for GuitarJack Stage and StudioJack Min audio interfaces
• New in v7.1.3: Enhanced support for GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini, and predecessors (GuitarJack Model 2 and GuitarJack 2 USB), as well as generic USB audio interfaces
• New in v7.2: Updated for iOS 10
• New in v7.2.1: Fixed playback crash in iOS 10.1, fixed bug where output was always going to speaker, and fixed bug in sharing of GuitarTone purchases and presets in iOS 10
• New in 7.3.1: Built for iOS 11, lower latency (256 frame buffer size down from 512), and updated Dropbox V2
To prevent losing data during iTunes sync, see the FourTrack Guide and be sure to backup your FourTrack songs before updating.
Videos, Guide, FAQ, Forum: sonomawireworks.com/fourtrack
Email email@example.com with questions.
"Solid and functional. Stable, easy and useful" - Wired.com
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Updated for iOS 11
- Lower latency (256 frame buffer size down from 512)
- Updated Dropbox to V2
- Fixed some crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Great little app, used it for years to record ideas/blueprints for songs. Took a break from it and went back, app crashed whenever opened. All my work was lost. Downloaded it again but think I may look elsewhere, not going to risk losing stuff again. Three stars for years of loving it. But yeah, might be in your interest to look elsewhere.
Always has been helpful
Whether coming up with templates or ideas or uploading tracks to practice over, this app has been a true savor. Maybe I’ve been lucky with not getting the problems other people have had since getting the app 5 years ago. Best results I’ve noticed is to go with a normal headphone without the mic in headphone so there’s not as much background noise. Great app though.
It’s been 3 years since this was updated. I’m going to look elsewhere. I’m sure there are newer recorders out there now. It’s sad, this was such a good app!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sonoma Wire Works
- 105.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2017, Sonoma Wire Works
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.