"I'm obsessed with the FourTrack recording app - a super powerful studio in your pocket." Trey Anastasio (Phish guitarist) in Rolling Stone Magazine
• Multitrack recording: use bounce for more than 4 tracks
• 16 bit, 44.1 kHz recording quality
• Pan Control: move tracks from left to right
• Timeline: seek to anywhere in a song
• Latency Compensation: accurate to within 1ms
• Compressor-Limiter: fattens sound of output mix
• Bounce: mix song to track 1 and 2 of a new song to record as many tracks as you want
• Metronome: select tempo by number or tapping. Record along with real drums, including beats by Jason McGerr (Death Cab for Cutie)
• MasterFX: sweeten the sound of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ
• File Import - Import audio by opening an audio email attachment, or dragging audio files into FourTrack's FileImport in iTunes, or by copying from another AudioCopy enabled app. Supports .wav, .mp3 and .aiff formats
• File Export - Export your recordings by uploading to Dropbox (share/email from Dropbox), or saving to your Desktop with iTunes file sharing, or use AudioCopy to copy your tracks to another app
• Input Monitoring - Use FourTrack's settings tool to enable/disable input monitoring. Input monitoring is enabled when a track is armed and in either Pause or Record mode. Playback of existing tracks overrides input monitoring. When input monitoring is on, sliders on armed tracks are enabled and control the monitor mix
• Jam along with iTunes by launching FourTrack while your iTunes Music app is playing.
• Interface Control Panel - Adjust the input settings of GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini, GuitarJack Model 2 and other third-party interfaces.
• TaylorEQ - Input EQ for enhancing FourTrack recordings of Taylor Guitars or any acoustic instrument - select from a range of Taylor body styles in basic mode, or select the Advanced tab to adjust the 6 band parametric equalizer
• ARM Optimized Audio Engine - Hand optimized assembly code
• New in v6: GuitarTone amps & effects in FourTrack updated to sound even better. Purchase amp and effect packs in the stand-alone GuitarTone App, and they will be automatically activated in FourTrack as well
• New in v7: Dropbox Sync: Upload and store your mixes and projects to your Dropbox account, then share your music by emailing links to friends
• New in v7.1: AudioCopy 3: Copy and paste audio between other AudioCopy 3 enabled apps, and dded support for GuitarJack Stage and StudioJack Min audio interfaces
• New in v7.1.3: Enhanced support for GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini, and predecessors (GuitarJack Model 2 and GuitarJack 2 USB), as well as generic USB audio interfaces
• New in v7.2: Updated for iOS 10
• New in v7.2.1: Fixed playback crash in iOS 10.1, fixed bug where output was always going to speaker, and fixed bug in sharing of GuitarTone purchases and presets in iOS 10
• New in 7.3.1: Built for iOS 11, lower latency (256 frame buffer size down from 512), and updated Dropbox V2
To prevent losing data during iTunes sync, see the FourTrack Guide and be sure to backup your FourTrack songs before updating.
Videos, Guide, FAQ, Forum: sonomawireworks.com/fourtrack
Email email@example.com with questions.
"Solid and functional. Stable, easy and useful" - Wired.com
- Updated for iOS 11
- Lower latency (256 frame buffer size down from 512)
- Updated Dropbox to V2
- Fixed some crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Always has been helpful
Whether coming up with templates or ideas or uploading tracks to practice over, this app has been a true savor. Maybe I’ve been lucky with not getting the problems other people have had since getting the app 5 years ago. Bestes app that you can use with other beat making apps on your phone. You really can do a whole song on this app. Awesome !
I got this app because my $400 "portable" BR 600 Boss multi-track recorder "broke" when it slipped off a padded footstool and fell 10 inches onto my padded carpeted music room floor. I used it primarily for recording ideas, and for acoustic songs, mixed in with bass, etc. When I first used this app I was amazed at the quality of sound using only the Apple iPhone earpiece w/mic. I multi-tracked the fingerpicking runs in Dear Prudence (for those too young, thats an awesome Beatles tune on their "White Album") to give the the runs added depth and I was blown away. The quality was very close to my boss BR 600. I HIGHLY recommend this to any acoustic guitar player. I also used this to record myself and 3 other friends, all of us playing acoustic guitars, and singing at an outdoor neighborhood pitch-in and again, I was amazed at the recording. I was VERY skeptical reading other reviews rating this so highly, because of other apps that get 4 or 5 star ratings that sometimes are very disappointing, but believe me, this is the BEST app, bar none for the iPhone! ONLY $9.99... are you kidding me?? WHAT a deal! I give this 10 STARS!!!!!! Others who are disappointed in any way are probably expecting this $9.99 app to equal a recording studio?? LOL It is a steal at $9.99, please keep up the awesome work at Sonoma Wire Works!! I LOVE THIS!!!
I bought this app and didn’t with with iPhone 8 and iOS 11
Not happy to have paid money for an app that doesn’t work with my iPhone 8 and iOS 11. Unable to locate the mix file on my phone.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.