Chief Meteorologist Kevin Lemanowicz and The Boston 25 Weather Team of certified meteorologists have helped develop New England's most accurate local weather app. Developed especially for New England, the Boston 25 Weather app provides the most accurate local forecasts, to keep you and your family safe. New England's most powerful local weather app includes:
Summary of Features:
- There is a new radar in the weather app that matches the radar found on other digital platforms and also includes future radar to provide you with a likely path and outlook of storms. The radar has 250 meter resolution, the highest available.
- New tracks - We added earthquakes and storm tracks as layers in the radar. Now you can track the location and magnitude of earthquakes as well for storms the speed, direction and type. Tap the “storm symbols” icon in the radar to see the list.
- Locally developed weather forecasts from the Boston 25 Weather Team. Select a specific location to see a local forecast. The app tells you which member of the Boston 25 Weather Team crafted the local forecast. The weather changes rapidly in New England, so forecasts from national apps pre-loaded on your device lack the local expertise when severe weather threatens. The Boston 25 Weather Team is focused solely on getting the local forecast right.
- Push alerts are FREE for more than 25 alert types including everything from blizzard warnings and flash floods to winter storm warnings and tropical storm alert types.
- Now you can scroll through the home screen to access most of what you need or want on one tab.
- Place a location pin precisely where you want it for a specific address or any position on a map. When saving a location you can name it exactly how you want it.
- The app works with identical features on tablet and handset.
- Additional items added seasonally
The weather app also has these critical benefits and features:
- The radar zooms down to your neighborhood or zooms out to check radar anywhere in the country.
- The app provides Location-Based alerts. While many other apps offer alerts based on your county, This app supports a more precise type of alert issued for the most dangerous types of weather threats. More precision means you get alerts that matter to you, not false alarms.
- Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter.
- High resolution satellite cloud imagery
- Ability to add and save locations
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Additional items added seasonally
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
This update fixes an issue where map radar data failed to refresh when launching the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Got the app as soon as I heard about it! Very productively designed and helps me stay updated with what's ahead! Definitely a handy app to have.
Bad layout, bad content, bad controls,decent forecast
2 stars for the forecast but I’m Disappointed that:
1)I can’t read the forecast tab without a non removable social media ribbon a third of the way down, right in front of the words. If you scroll, then a pop up with a non-weather headline blocks the bottom third. It’s supposed to be a WEATHER app, I don’t need news rid bits from across the country, just my local weather!
2) why does video play when I’m READING the forecast tab? There’s no way to stop it without scrolling up & turning off, then scrolling back down( because video feed takes up 2/3 of the screen!) that’s what the video tab is for! If I’m not in that tab, I don’t want to see/hear video.
3) if you accidentally hit a link to a news story, there is no way to go back to where you were. No ‘Back’ option...you have to go to Home & choose the tab again, which re-launches the non-weather related video that you just turned off,plus the annoying ad!
4) I might not mind #3, if those link had relevant news, but they’re just snippets of news from everywhere. Not even local/national; they could be about an ice storm in the UK! Waste of space. If I wanted general news snippets, I would’ve kept the news app.
5) the map rarely shows any relevant data, like the rain/snow lines, & is not interactive or even a loop video to show storm tracking, but this is the Storm Tracker app?
A weather app should stick to the weather! I’m deleting this app.
Cumbersome and a resource hog
This is a classic example of an app that can't do the one thing it's supposed to do well. It is a Weather app; all I want to see is the most recent forecast. Instead this app is constantly trying to sell you stuff and trying to get you to post to social media. They need to go back to the drawing board on this one.
- Cox Media Group, Inc
- 90.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Cox Media Group, Inc. and The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.