The WDAF Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
*Press location in top bar to change, edit and add locations
*In the left menu for changing locations, press the 3 dots next to the location to edit location settings and make a location capable of receiving push notifications.
Visual Map Enhancements
*New color palette makes it easier to see the difference between map-based alerts
More Information Available on the Map
*Pressing on map based Alerts will show the bulletin text
*Pressing on Storm Tracks outlines possible storm threats
*Pressing on Earthquakes or Tropical Tracks provides more detail than ever before
Ratings and Reviews
Changed to poor visual distinction
I selected this local app for the easy to see visuals on the storm-track radar.
The newest update made the green storm tracks the same green as the rain so you can’t see them as well. It also changes the entire map view.
It puzzles me, with the huge Boomer population aging, that apps don’t consider visual ease for aging eyesight. Apps keep going smaller and less distinctive, and this app just did it as well.
Time for a new weather app.
1. Kansas City was formed in Missouri before Kansas was even a state.
2. The name of the app has "Kansas City Weather" in the title.
So If you live in Utah this app may let you down a bit. Try looking for an app from one of your local news stations.
That being said the app is not so good. Too buggy. It opens but it takes around 30 seconds for the screens to show up if they show up at all. Works great the first couple of times but then fizzled out.
Click on a story and it takes you to an ad
I used to like this app. Recently they have a list of news items. You click on it and instead of the story, you get taken to an ad. This is wrong. It’s annoying enough to have the ads stuck in the middle, but to not even take you to the news item... ridiculous- I’m going to use KSHB41 for my local news app.
Fix this please.
- TRIBUNE BROADCASTING COMPANY INC
- 71 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.