Chief Meteorologist Joey Sulipeck and The Severe Weather Center 13 Team of certified meteorologists have helped develop the Mid-South’s most accurate local weather app, The FOX13 Weather App.
Developed specifically for Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi, the FOX13 Weather App provides the most accurate local forecasts, to keep you and your family safe. The Mid-South’s most powerful local weather app includes:
Summary of Features:
- There is a new radar in the weather app that matches the radar found on other digital platforms and also includes future radar to provide you with a likely path and outlook of storms. The radar has 250 meter resolution, the highest available.
- New tracks - We added earthquakes and storm tracks as layers in the radar. Now you can track the location and magnitude of earthquakes as well for storms the speed, direction and type. Tap the “storm symbols” icon in the radar to see the list.
- Push alerts are FREE for more than 25 alert types including everything from tornado warnings to winter storm warnings and tropical storm alert types.
- Now you can scroll through the home screen to access most of what you need or want on one tab.
- Place a location pin precisely where you want it for a specific address or any position on a map. When saving a location you can name it exactly how you want it.
- The app works with identical features on tablet and handset.
- Additional items added seasonally
The weather app also has these critical benefits and features:
- The radar zooms down to your neighborhood or zooms out to check radar anywhere in the country.
- The app provides Location-Based alerts. While many other apps offer alerts based on your county, This app supports a more precise type of alert issued for the most dangerous types of weather threats. More precision means you get alerts that matter to you, not false alarms.
- Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter.
- High resolution satellite cloud imagery
- Ability to add and save locations
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Additional items added seasonally
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
This release includes the following updates.
- Press location in top bar to change, edit and add locations
- In the left menu for changing locations, press the 3 dots next to the location to edit location settings and make a location capable of receiving push notifications.
Visual Map Enhancements
- New color palette makes it easier to see the difference between map-based alerts
More Information Available on the Map
- Pressing on map based Alerts will show the bulletin text
- Pressing on Storm Tracks outlines possible storm threats
- Pressing on Earthquakes or Tropical Tracks provides more detail than ever before
As always we welcome your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Better than any
I think you will like this because it will give you the weather better than the Weather Channel!
The weather channel predicts that the rain will star at least 10 minutes prior to starting so I will keep it but will try this to see
I love the new look of the update. The graphics and video are great. I do not like that they removed the 10 day forecast. I know it usually changes, but it gives me an idea of what to plan for.
- Cox Media Group, Inc
- 92.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Cox Media Group, Inc. and The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.