The WXIX Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not that good
I’ve been using this app for a year or so now. When I first got it it was great. I used it all the time. Now it’s so slow and laggy! It’s not my internet or anything. It’s the app. The radar was so slow that it took like 10 seconds for it to load parts of the map and the overlays. The performance is awful. Also did I mention all the advertising? I know it’s a free weather app but this is just too much ads. It is so annoying looking at these ads and watching them. At least make a membership or pay to remove ads, that would make the app better. And also make a way just to get weather alerts and not notifications like “will it rain today? Open app to find out.” I’m going to remove the app and sticking to different apps!
Email messages are better
There is too much advertising, starting with a full-screen ad when you open the app. The information is in video format; I prefer text. Fox 19’s email messages are better so I’ve removed the app.
I thought I would like the notifications but they’re only teasers. For example, “Will there be frost tonight?” or “When will it rain next?” (in four days, silly).
Great app and forecasts
It is funny seeing people complain about the ads. Everyone wants something for free. Anyway....This app is a great and is my go to app every morning to see the video about what’s going to happen with the weather. From my experience, they have the most accurate/dependable forecasts in Cincinnati. And, they don’t do all the crazy weather hype that ch’s 9 & 5 do that gets people worked up into a frenzy.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.