The WTIC Mobile Weather App includes:
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
Improved weather data source to give you accurate current conditions and forecasts from your favorite weather source!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
You need School Closings
I used to use this app thinking it would be everything I need. Unfortunately you guys don't show school closings for Region 16 schools. I now use Storm Team 8. You guys should add that to the app 👍🏻
Black radar screen
This version contains a black radar screen. Not as pleasant as it’s previous (green) version. Kind of ugly. And the zoom function is only in black and white.
Also, the need to load days of videos to watch just one, is ridiculous. Who wants to see the weather report from three days ago. But this app downloads five videos at once. Making it take forever to see the one short weather report you do want to watch
Like it but has a few issues
If you have more than one area say Home, CT and Chicago, IL the advisory alert for Chicago will say alert for Home, CT on the Chicago screen. If you have more than one city they will all have the alerts scrambled between them, but not for where they actually are. Tricky!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.