Want a free PDF reader? Try Foxit PDF Reader Mobile. This is an easy-to-use PDF reader which allows you to view and annotate PDF files on iOS devices while on the go. Unlike other PDF readers, this app comes with ConnectedPDF, a leading edge technology that powers document intelligence, security, and collaboration services for PDF files. The free edition Foxit PDF Reader Mobile also offers advanced features based on subscription, including export PDF, edit PDF, and protect PDF, etc.
Foxit PDF Reader Mobile provides you with the following capabilities:
• Reliable: 100% compliant with your current PDF ecosystem.
• Lightweight: doesn’t exhaust your device resources.
• Fast: no long waits to open PDFs.
• Secure: powerful file protection features to safeguard sensitive information against unauthorized access.
• Collaborative: full control of your content.
• Multi-Language: support for 12 languages.
What Foxit PDF Reader Mobile can offer to you:
View and manage PDF files
• Reflow PDF files for easy viewing
• Easy document navigation with bookmark management features
• Search for text within your PDF document
• Supports tabbed document interface (for iPad only)
• Supports to read the PDF out loud
• Rename, move, copy or delete PDF file(s)
Collaborate and share PDF files
• Add annotations and stamps to PDF files
• Share PDF files and screenshots from within the application
• Share multiple files across your desktop and iOS device via Wi-Fi
• Save, synchronize and access PDF files in popular cloud services (Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.)
Create and convert PDFs
• Create blank PDFs from scratch*
• Create PDFs from Microsoft Office, image, text, and HTML files*
• Scan and convert paper documents to PDFs (available on iPad 3, iPhone 5, and newer generation products)
• Convert PDFs to Microsoft Office, image, text, or HTML files*
• Combine PDFs to create a new PDF*
Edit PDF files
• Insert audios, videos, or hyperlinks to PDFs*
• Add/edit text and image objects in PDFs*
• Edit document properties*
• Optimize PDF documents*
• Reorganize PDF pages (Add*, delete, rotate, or extract* pages)
Work on PDF forms
• Fill out and save PDF forms
• Import and export form data
• Submit PDF forms via HTTP, FTP, or Email
• Work on XFA forms*
Sign and protect PDFs
• Add handwritten signatures to PDFs
• Sign PDF documents with an existing digital certificate*
• Protect PDF files with password and Microsoft Information Protection*
• Protect PDF information with redaction*
The features marked with the asterisk (*) are advanced features based on subscription through in-app purchase. You can have a 7-day free trial for the advanced features. To activate the advanced features when the free trial expires, you should create a Foxit account and subscribe to Foxit PDF Reader Mobile. After subscription, just sign in with your Foxit account and the advanced features will be available.
In-app purchase details
• A subscription to Foxit PDF Reader Mobile is $10.99 per year.
• The fee will be charged to your iTunes account at the time of purchase confirmation.
• Subscription automatically renews unless the auto-renew feature is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Have feedback? You can contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Foxit on Facebook and Twitter!
1. Annotation improvements
1) Allow users to turn pages while adding text markups and drawing markups in PDFs.
2) Improve the fluency when adding pencil comments with Apple Pencil.
2. Change the following paid features to free:
1) Insert audios, videos, and hyperlinks to PDFs
2) Create blank PDFs
3) Convert Microsoft Office, image, text, and HTML files to PDFs
3. Some other ease of use enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great mobile PDF app
I use PhantomPDF on desktop, and this is a great extension of that software. It does a lot, but really nails the core functionality of mobile PDF software. My only gripe is the lack of ability to directly with Dropbox and Box. Although you can open your files in those services through Foxit’s cloud functionality, I really prefer to access my documents through my cloud providers’ native apps. Adobe does a great job of integrating with these two services, allowing me to open files from the cloud apps directly into Adobe and then automatically save changes back. Unfortunately, Foxit beats Adobe in every other aspect, so I have no app that does both well.
Great app but I wish they integrated feedback better
If the team is taking feedback: it'd be great if there were a quick way to delete all saved signatures. Also when you run a search, the app does not allow you to make selections from the search results- just sends you back to default page.
Once again reaching out to the tech team to prompt them to address signatures. I have over a hundred signatures saved to the app that take painstakingly long to load and to delete. Trying to get the signature pad open for a new signature takes several minutes because of the in-app delays with signatures. This app is overdue for an option 1.) not to have signatures saved at all and 2.) to delete all signatures at once. If this doesn’t get fixed soon you’re going to lose a user. I can’t be standing in front of clients asking them to sign my phone while they wait 5 mins for unnecessary signatures to load.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We have fixed the problem that these files can't be opend, you can try it in 6.5.1 version.
If you installed Foxit MobilePDF but didn't open, you would meet the problem, because you must browse the welcome screen and then can use it properly.
Once you open the application successfully and can access the document menu interface, you can open the file which is downloaded from Gmail App.
If you have any problem, please send to email@example.com, We will track it in time.
Much Potential, But Too Buggy
This app is amazing in most ways, but it has 2 major bugs.
1) If TTS is running, then you turn the phone off, it'll skip pages. It'll read 2 pages in sequential order, then it'll skip to the last multiple of 10s 1st page. Ex. If there are 653 pages and you start at page 1, then: it'll read page 1, next it'll read page 2, next it'll read page 651, next it'll read page 652, lastly it'll read page 653. Yes, it skips all pages inbetween. Thus, you have to keep your phone on & waste it's battery to avoid this bug.
This bug has not been occurring anymore. Perhaps it only happens when the CPU or RAM is taxed? Idk, but this never happened with Goodreader. Btw, I used Goodreader for years.
2) Sometimes, for a page that's clearly written in english, it'll change the TTS speech to a different language. I don't know what triggers this.
3) This TTS sometimes cuts off lines of text at the top and/ or bottom. This TTS also sometimes cuts off words at the sides. This can occur even if there's a lot of blank space before the text. This never happened with Goodreader.
4) If a PDF has narrow line spacing, this TTS sometimes reads the same line twice and skips the following line. This never happened with Goodreader.
If FoxIt fixed these bugs, then I'd edit this review & change the rating to 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We will look into these bug and fixed them soon.
- Foxit Corporation
- 132.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2010-2019 Foxit Software Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Subscribe to MobilePDF $10.99
- Subscribe to Phantom monthly $14.99
- Subscribe to Phantom yearly $107.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.