Introducing the Frame.io workflow extension and Mac menu bar app. A whole new way to create video with your team in Final Cut Pro X, and a faster way to upload, share, and transfer media projects anywhere in the world.
Frame.io is the world’s most popular video review and collaboration platform, used by over 550,000 filmmakers and media pros.
Frame.io in Final Cut Pro X:
- Easily share your timeline or individual clips with your team.
- Your edits stay organized with automatic version stacking.
- See the instant your client is reviewing your work—to take action while feedback is still fresh.
- Get real-time, frame-accurate comments, right in your edit.
- Your comment markers stay with clips―no matter where you move them.
- Pull media and comments from Frame.io right into your timeline.
Menu bar app:
- Watch folders save you valuable time and allow you to render and upload overnight.
- Local folder structure is preserved when uploading.
- Review Page links can be quickly copied from the Recent Uploads tab.
- Render directly from any of your preferred editing tools.
This update is all about Final Cut Pro 10.6. With the new update to FCP, dragging assets from Frame.io to your Library will import lightweight proxies first, followed by the original media. This allows you to start editing sooner. And you’ll have your original media when you need it for grading, tracking, or exporting.
Changes to the Frame.io Workflow Extension include:
• Drag-and-drop now support FCPXMLD 1.10
• Timeline and Clip export to Frame.io are now compatible with FCP 10.6
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic Must Need Tool.
Love this app, fantastic must need tool our our work flow and love the integration to Final Cut X and Adobe Premier.
Wish the app had it's own window for viewing videos and feedback instead of launching the browser. Being able to just jump to the app like I use slack, email, imessages, or any other app is really what I want at times. It's currently like like having an email client that launches a browser window which can be frustrating at times.
WASTE OF SPACE
This website is trash, and it’s app is trash. For starters, it’s idiotic that you can’t download files while maintaining folder hierarchy via a web browser. It makes it download an app to do this. What a waste of my time, and an unnecessary waste of my disk space. However, I was forced to download this app because I’m trying to download music cues written for a show I’m working on, and I need to maintain the folder organization, and I’m not about to spend hours downloading one cue at a time. Now, the app does not even open. I am running a compatible OS, and meet all system requirements. This is trash. This is a literal waste of space.
Update: Not logging in…really want this to work
Update: I restarted and now the app is working. I restarted once before but this time seemed to work. So I’ve up’d my rating.
I’ve heard this is a really good app that many have used. I’ve downloaded it for the first time and the app seems to be buggy. It won’t log in at all, it just hangs on “Authenticating”. I can log in through a browser just fine. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frame.io, Inc.
- 23.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Frame.io, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.