Frame.io allows you to upload all your source media, assets, and work-in-progress clips and cuts into private workspaces where you can invite your team and clients to collaborate—from anywhere in the world. We replace the hodgepodge of Dropbox for file sharing, Vimeo for video review, and email for communication, but that's just a start. Now, Frame.io goes everywhere with you.
We built Frame.io (http://frame.io/) because…
* Managing 100 private Vimeo passwords sucks.
* Your clients’ cryptic feedback of “that thing around 12 seconds” never makes sense.
* Sifting through your email to find that download link from that person for that file from last week? You have way better things to do!
* It’s 10pm and you don’t know if your edit was approved—or even viewed.
* It’s 11pm and now you have to export and compress your edit into 25 different formats.
We know what all that feels like and we had to stop the madness. That’s why we built Frame.io (http://frame.io/) with the right tools to save video pros time and money. Things like…
* Time-based comments and video annotations so you can draw directly on video frames to accurately communicate your feedback.
* Video transcoding in the cloud so you can upload any video format and never worry about playback compatibility. It just works.
* Version control so you can see what your project looked like one version ago or 100 versions ago.
* Comment Replay that loops a 4-second range around any comment so you get a sense of what it means in context.
* TouchScrub so that all you do is slide your finger over a thumbnail to preview.
* Face ID for added security.
But what’s best is that it’s simple to use and designed to present your work beautifully.
We’re always making improvements to bring you a seamless mobile experience with Frame.io.
* Source Timecode support in the Player and Player Metadata
* Navigate to the destination folder after moving or copying an Asset
* Faster, more robust Review Link handling
* AirPlay indicator when viewing content on supported display via AirPlay
* Various other bug fixes and improvements
In this build:
* Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great idea, but app needs work.
1. No dedicated iPad app. Not all of us work from iPhones.
2. Can’t comment in landscape mode and can’t see comments either. It’s annoying to have to constantly rotate your device to comment and then go back.
3. Doesn’t do a great job of supporting Bluetooth keyboard input. When using a Bluetooth keyboard on an iPad running the latest iOS and the current app version the “bar” that is above the keyboard disappears and you have to turn off the Bluetooth to get it back, which means after every comment you have to turn off the keyboard to see the “send” button. Pretty annoying.
4. App support is not 24-7 which isn’t great if you’re on a deadline and something goes wrong with the site or app. Especially for a paid service.
5. It’s sometimes a pain to get a members email confirmed, I’ve had an instance or two of people trying to confirm their emails and getting error messages back, which can be frustrating.
Overall I love this idea and how it could work (if the app always worked as well as it should) but think it needs a dedicated iPad app that works better with Bluetooth keyboards and Apple Pencil as well.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! Our dedicated iPad app with support for bluetooth keyboard and iPad landscape mode is now available on the App Store. We've also increased our support offering to provide 24-hour support from Monday - Friday and 14-hour support on the weekends.
We’re passing on your request for landscape mode on iPhone to our product team and hope to implement your suggestion in future updates.
If you're having any additional issues with your keyboard or email confirmations, don't hesitate to reach out and our support team will be waiting to assist you!
Mobile app performs poorly.
My team loves this app for sharing video, however most video I shoot is on my mobile device. The desktop version seems fine but when I upload from mobile even on WiFi there are many problems. First, it takes 5-10 minutes to upload a 3 second video. When uploading b roll of short clips this takes forever. You can also only upload about 3 videos at a time. Meaning I can’t upload a lot of videos set my phone aside and watch them upload. It’s a time consuming process of uploading a few at a time, not being able to use my phone then uploading more. Also half the time this even becomes an issue because I get all types of errors. It will have uploaded then the file will be broken. More recently, yesterday, 16 files uploaded just as a white background. The convenience of the tool is out weighed by numerous bugs, having to constantly watch over each upload, and then having about 40% of the uploads fail. I have tried this on a iPhone X and IPhone 8 Plus and have had the same experience on and off WiFi. When I 1st got the program I had this issue, emailed the frame team to find a solution but never got one. Considering looking for other programs or just going back to google drive. Anyone else having this issue and have some fixes or alternatives to try?
Forward and backward buttons please!
I think your site is great for producers and editors, and the mobile app is nice - but please add the “skip 10 second forward or backward” button that every other video app has! It’s very difficult to move to a spot you want just using the purple dot. Thanks.
- Frame.io, Inc.
- 53.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Frame.io, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.