AVCHD to Mov Lite is a powerful free tool, designed to convert AVCHD, MTS, M2TS videos to popular video or audio formats.
After conversion, you can also play the completed files on popular devices (iMovie, FCPX, Premiere, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Tablette, AndroPhone, Apple TV, WD TV, ...)
1. Convert MTS to various formats. AVCHD to Mov Lite does well in converting MTS video files to popular video formats, including AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, ...
2. Convert MTS to audio formats. Apart from video conversion, users can convert MTS to popular audio formats, like WMA, MP3, AAC, WAV, M4A, AC3, OGG.
3. Support popular devices. AVCHD to Mov Lite keeps highly compatible with many popular devices, such as iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, Samsung, Motorola, Zune HD, Zune2, etc. So after conversion, users can enjoy the completed files on any of them.
4. Free forever. AVCHD to Mov Lite is a free tool, provides free conversion, and will be free forever.
5. Excellent quality and high speed. AVCHD to Mov Lite is professional in MTS conversion. Thus, don't worry about its output effect. It will not disappoint you. Moreover, you can complete the conversion task in a short time.
Support Output Formats and Devices : Convert HD MTS video and watch it on the go!
* Video: M2TS, MTS, TOD, HD MKV, HD H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, HD MPEG-2, TS, TP, M2T, etc.
* Audio: MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, WAV, M4A, etc
* Portable Player: iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PS3, Wii, Zune, Xbox, iRiver, BlackBerry, etc.
* HD Camcorder: Canon, Panasonic, Sony, JVC, Sanyo, Samsung, Casio, DXG, Kodak, etc.
Read more: AVCHD to Mov Lite - http://geranium-soft.com/products/free-avchd-to-mov
- macOS Mojave dark mode support
- Minor bugs fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Still figuring it out but it does the job
The avchd file I had from my PC was just one file, but within it that file there are multiple files. I tried to just drag the whole avchd file and convert, but it kept crashing. I did a search for avchd on my computer and found the indivual files —not sure yet how that worked, and was then able to convert small batches at a time. So… in short, the ins and outs of how it works still doesn’t make sense to me, and yet I’m still able to convert the files and get it to do what I want. Which is 5 stars for a free app. I might update this if I figure more out.
Converting AVCHD to MOV - This is _The Too_l for the job!
I have an archive of AVCHD files from several years ago. At the time (5+ years ago) I would edit the files in iMovie and keep the original AVCHD files. Eventually I moved to the simplicity of the iPhone for video and moved away from the AVCHD format and gear. Recently (late 2018) I tried to reach back and pull some video from the AVCHD files and found the version of iMovie seemed to be struggling with the files. I searched for a simpler way to convert from AVCHD to MOV and found "AVCHD to Mov Lite" and never looked back. I completed the conversion project and I can say that this app made the task much easier.
Drag-and-drop the AVCHD file —> AVCHD to Mov Lite which creates the MOV files and places them in the Movie Destination folder.
Automator script would rename each file using the original “shoot date" in the new filename.
Move the MOV files to a new working folder for editing.
Store (or delete) the original AVCHD files to an external disk.
Thanks for “AVCHD to MOV Lite.”
It works for me on my Mac. Wish I didn't have to deal with these files, but my back-up cam, Panasonics AVCHD is the highest quality file. Use to have to go through a double process, which this App helps smooth out the workflow but I'm sure Panasonic has discontinued with this amateur junk, "best for watching on TV codec”.
Still using. Though I did buy the full version, which handles more codecs up front. I still use AVCHD lite for my AVCHD files. I’m guessing it does this one thing and it does it better than the full version.
- Fatima Malagouen
- 38.3 MB
- Photo & Video
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Geranium Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.