This is the free version of Chess Puzzles Pro. Find out why over 30,000 chess enthusiasts already know: this is the best chess puzzle app on iTunes. Is there anything more fun than finding a killer checkmate combination? Do you ever wonder how many games you could have won in you were better at seeing those hidden checkmates? This app delivers hundreds of brilliant checkmate puzzles to your iPhone and iPad. You will be mesmerized by the incredible sacrifices and unlikely moves that result in checkmate.
This free version of Chess Puzzles includes:
- mate in 1, 2, 3, 4 and up
- a unique rating system that ranks you from pawn up to king depending on how well you score on each puzzle
- stats that record achievements as you solve puzzles
- a helpful hint button that appears if you get stuck on a particularly challenging puzzle
- a clean and beautiful interface encouraging hours of interaction
- Multi-tasking split view support
- iPad Pro support
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The user interface is crap. It usually doesn't register taps, so it takes several attempts to make a move. The "puzzles" start off with terrible 1 move checkmates like the Fool's Mate. After I did a few of these and it nagged me to upgrade, saying I only had 20 puzzles left on the 'Lite' version, I deleted it and paid a dollar for a real app.
What a terrible game! You're only allowed to move the exact piece the game expects you to. If you don't, the game halts with an error screen. Memphis Chess club and the "mate in x" games are so much better than this one. Don't bother!
Has potential, but...........
I cannot proceed through the Tutorial since it keeps freezing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.