Play FreeCell for free! Challenge your brain with this classic solitaire card game.
• Full game (not a demo/lite version).
• 4 difficulty modes - easy, normal, hard & auto.
• 18 backgrounds to unlock.
• Retina graphics.
• Universal app - download to all your devices!
• Statistics page.
• Rules page.
• Undo button.
• Game numbers are the same as on Windows.
• Play games in numerical order.
• Double tap to move a card to a free cell.
• Reset statistics button.
• Updated App Store links.
Ratings and Reviews
An excellent version of Free Cell
This free cell app has all the features I want: I can select a specific game, or play a random game, I like the look of it, it can automatically finish a game when all remaining moves play directly to the upper right four spaces, and so forth. I don't notice the advertisements.
I play this almost every day. Works very well, simple and straightforward. Quick and easy way to fill little spots of dead time in your day. Good additions would be info on exactly how the number of moves are counted, and maybe an average score tracker.
Above, I believe is a past review I wrote - or, at the least, would have written. I see this version has more statistics. Great! I was surprised at the number of losses (seemed high), and at the average number of moves (seems low). Then I realized they both may include restarts. I rarely completely quit until I’ve solved each game.
It would be helpful if the game would rotate when I turn my iPad “upside down”. Almost every other app does - it’s annoying that this game does not.
Recent update makes it worse
I always liked this Freecell app. My favorite feature is the ability to specify the the deal number - most apps don’t allow you to do that.
However, this latest version made some really annoying changes that hurt the game:
- you can’t tell which cells are foundations and which are free cells. Annoying, but not a killer
- I frequently find that when I grab a card from a free cell, that I pull down the command center instead - or both?!?
- on the positive side, the annoying ads that started a while ago, mostly don’t seem to be as annoying as before. This is because you can close most of them almost immediately.
Please go back to the previous version!
- Richard Buckingham
- 42.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Richard Buckingham
- In-App Purchases
- "Remove Ads" $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.