Freeze is the ultimate Amazon Glacier file transfer client on the Mac.
Freeze has all the features you need to work effectively with Amazon Glacier. If you used inconvenient Java clients or complicated command line tools to manage your archives on Amazon Glacier before, you will be happy to use Freeze with its beautiful native user interface designed for Mac.
Amazon Glacier is an extremely low-cost storage service for infrequently accessed data, which makes it perfect to store data archives or backups.
- Browse your vaults' inventories for any region
- Synchronize local folders
- Drag&drop folders from Finder to your vault
- Compare inventory with local folders on your Mac
- Highlight duplicate files
- Transfer huge files in a reliable way with multipart uploads
- Request files and start downloads automatically
- Delete existing archives and vaults
- Transfer multiple files in parallel
- Limit transfer speed limits
- Resume interrupted transfers
- Manage multiple accounts
Freeze has no proprietary features: everything is standard and portable.
- No proprietary encoding of archive descriptions
- No proprietary encryption features that would make it complicated or even impossible to use other clients
- No proprietary data compression features
- Proprietary FastGlacier archive descriptions will be decoded automatically
Please note that you need an Amazon AWS account to use the app.
All standard AWS regions are supported: US East (N. Virginia), US East (Ohio), US West (Oregon), US West (N. California), Canada (Central), EU (Ireland), EU (Frankfurt), EU (London), EU (Paris), Asia Pacific (Seoul), Asia Pacific (Sydney), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), Asia Pacific (Mumbai), GovCloud (US).
It only takes minutes to sign up for Amazon AWS, and you only pay for what you use. Freeze will ask for your Amazon AWS credentials (Access key and secret key) when you first start the app. The secret key will be stored securely in your macOS Keychain.
- Fixes a bug that could prevent deleting or initiating archive retrieval for an entire folder.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Crashes on 2008 Mac Pro
Worked flawlessly until the last two weeks since then only crashes, even with most recent updates. Both macs running 10.11.6
AWS Makes Sense Now
Love this program. I've always struggled managing vaults and archives etc on AWS S3. I also don't know how to write scripts to use AWS. I don't need to now. I've got Freeze. This is a fantastic app to help you back up all your stuff. I do monthly backups for my company and yearly backups for work plus personal in addition to Dropbox and Time Machine. AWS is great long term storage and Freeze helps me use it with ease. Thank you!
Been using for a couple years now - very good solution for uploading huge archives and disk images to Glacier. Some previous stability and reliability issues have long been resolved. Spending $ on this software is a bargain, and generates a strong ROI, because of how it lets you take advantage of cheap cloud storage.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.