• French Version of Word Wizard app called "Speak ‘N Spell for the iPad Generation" by the New-York Times and awarded by Children's Technology Review
• French Canadian voice included
• Used in many french schools (26000 units sold to schools)
Note that this is an immersive French app - only menus are translated and the voice is only in French
--Learn to Read French by Building Words --
• The Talking Movable Alphabet activity allows kids to experiment with word building and phonics thanks to the advanced text to speech engine
• Any text can be written and spoken
• 2 child voices + 3 adult voices (including a French Canadian voice)
• Uppercase & lowercase letters, numbers, digraphs, ABC, Qwerty or Azerty keyboard
• Many, many settings to adapt the activities to the child’s needs (letter size, assign images to words, high contrast modes for kids with visual impairment,...)
-- Learn to Spell French using the Talking Movable Alphabet and your word lists --
• 3 spelling activities that increase in difficulty
• 200 built-in word lists (about 2000 words)
• Add your own words to create unique spelling quizzes!
• Add your own images to illustrate your word lists
• Keep tabs on your children’s progress with detailed reports
Talking Movable Alphabet Activity
• Pronounce and spell-check any word, number or sentence with natural sounding voice
• Letter sound (phonic) or name when a letter is touched in the alphabet
• 4 keyboards available: letters, numbers, consonant digraphs (like “ch”) and vowels digraphs (like “au”)
• Uppercase or lowercase letters
• Keyboard emulation option (dragging letters is optional)
• 4 letter sizes available (allowing for more or fewer letters on the board)
• Voice Transformer (speed and tone) for added fun
• Customized word pronunciation, if necessary
Fun Spelling Activities
3 spelling activities of increasing difficulty are provided to adapt the activity to the child’s spelling level. You can use the built-in word lists or create your own.
1 - "Word Practice" says and displays the word to spell, and asks the child to spell it using the talking movable alphabet
2 - "Scrambled Letters" says the word and displays the letters needed to build the word or sentence, and asks the child to reorder the letters.
3 - “Spelling Quizzes” is a standard spelling test. The app won’t move onto the next word until the child has correctly spelled the word, helping them to remember its correct spelling.
• 200 built-in word lists: Words for beginners, 1,000 most frequently used words, body parts and more
• Create custom Word Lists by entering your own words and sentences
• Import and export Word Lists you’ve created
• Hints are available should kids not know how to spell a word
• Colorful animations are displayed when a word is completed
• Once a quiz is completed, interactive animations are available as a reward
-- Users & Reports --
• Unlimited number of users
• Detailed Spelling Test Reports per user (can be exported in PDF)
Please send your suggestions, comment or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are listening to our users to make our products even better.
• Fixes a problem when import/exporting images associated with words with accents
• Update of the text-to-speech engine
As usual, do not hesitate to send us your suggestions for the next version (email@example.com). Thank you!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I just started using this for my kids - love the option to create personal spelling tests, since it gives me the ability to quiz them on their weekly words!
This app has helped my daughter a lot with learning and practicing French syllables. In addition, the ability to create word lists has helped her score high on every spelling test to date. Most importantly, this app helps me teach her how to pronounce words better. Prior to this app, I paid for a tutor two times a week. I can cut the tutor sessions in half now!!!
The only helpful suggestion I can add is the ability to add words to the word list via ones camera.
Due to the success I have been experiencing with this app, I bought Word Wizard in French and English too. Great job developers.
Please disregard my previous post regarding word error. Apparently the word we accidentally typed was not a good word. Ironically we were trying to type cornet. My daughter forgot to type the 'r'.
Not as advertised
French feature for word lists switched off and no way to switch back on
Developer Response ,
Please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so I can help you. Everything is working fine, the app has not changed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.