FriendlyPix is a simple photo sharing app built on Firebase to showcase its features for developers. FriendlyPix is open source and you can learn more about it or view the source code at https://github.com/firebase/friendlypix.
FriendlyPix teaches developers how Firebase can support the following:
* User posting of photos.
* Searching for user profiles.
* Following accounts to include them in a Home feed.
* Showing the latest photos in the Trending feed.
* User commenting for each photo.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great Instagram alternative. Google just needs to add some fun features like filters or stickers to really enhance the experience. I would also recommend a name change. Maybe call the app Google Pix, that would be cool :)
Great job Google!
Friendly Pix, I appreciate the launch 🚀 of the fast speedy IO’s App. Aside from the High End Pixel Quality when posting a picture in the App as well as website, I also find interesting the quality of diverse users. As a Manhattan Legal Blogger and Reviewer, I strongly urge for all of you to start downloading and using the app as it is the clearest version of Social Media 🌎 In history of Apps. Furthermore I enjoy the FP high end services as they take the feedback very kindly and smoothly in finding friendlier results for all the users.
Trying to be Instagram
Sorry Google, but further development of this app isn't worth your time :/
Also, 2 things that I don't like (sorry to be so negative)
1) It won't post pictures that I already have saved on my device. I select them, hit "done" and nothing else happens. When I take a picture and post it, it allows me to add a caption, but when I try to post from my photo library, nothing happens and it doesn't post.
2) Navigation of the user's photo library is uncomfortable. It would be nice if there was a button to show all of a persons photos saved on their device and choose from that. Instead we have a scroll bar, which is nice because you can expand it to get a better look, but it doesn't allow the user to easily access a photo they have taken some time ago.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.