- iCloud synchronization over iCloud Documents
- keyboard centric
- global shortcuts (clipboard save / search field)
- markdown and RTF markup (files stored on disk as plain/text and rich text)
- textbundle containers
- markdown preview mode
- elastic three pane view (vertical and horizontal layout)
- blazing fast and lightweight
- open files in finder / works with external editors (changes seamless live sync with UI)
- pin/unpin important notes in top
- multi folder storage
- markdown code highlighting with over 170 languages
- markdown images live preview
- dark mode (macOS Mojave)
- Encryption (AES-256)
- Mermaid and MathJax support
- Fixes command-backspace shortcut
- Fixes incorrect date in showing list
- Fixes Shift Left and Shift Right cursor position
- Fixes font size controls
- Fixes timestamp bug
- UUID title hidden by default
Ratings and Reviews
An outstanding App, and an outstanding Developer
I have used FSNotes since the project was first poasted to GitHub, and I can't say enough how impressed I am at the progress this application has made. Oleksandr, the developer, has been incredibly diligent about including community feedback in order to improve every aspect of his product. The fact that he makes this avaialable for such a nominal price is, frankly, amazing — FSNotes is a much better designed and more robust product than note-taking apps that cost considerably more. It is feature-rich, easy to use, and a pleasure to use. And, given the pace of its development, any issues that one does find will be quickly eliminated. Buy it and use it, already!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for good words :)
Good and getting better
Many note-taking apps are available for the Mac, but FSNotes is the one I use because:
* The sidebar is a useful tool for organizing notes into folders.
* The search-and-create bar is a simple but convenient way to create new and search existing notes--and search is very fast.
* Notes are stored as simple text files, which allows for their easy management and retrieval.
* FSNotes has many small conveniences, such as automatic closing quotes and braces, variable note-list spacing, vertical and horizontal orientations, and tags.
* The developer responds quickly to bug reports and requests for new features.
Many note-takimg apps try to do too much, and, in the process, become slow and cumbersome. For ease of use, speed, and support, FSNotes is an excellent choice.
Excellent alternative to nvALT
I've been a long-time user of nvALT, and although it works great, it is really cool to see the concepts of that excellent note taking/organization/searching app taken to the next level!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.