Fast. Secure. Powerful note-taking.
FSNotes is modern notes manager for macOS and iOS. App respects open formats like GitHub Flavored Markdown, so you can easily write documents on iPhone and MacBook.
It's simple and blazing fast!
Memorising keyboard shortcuts takes some work, but once you have, shortcuts make using FSNotes so much more efficient.
- Keyboard centric.
- Global shortcuts (clipboard save/search).
- Markdown markup (files stored on disk as Plaintext).
- Markdown preview mode.
- Elastic two-pane view (vertical and horizontal layout).
- Blazing fast and lightweight (working fine with 10k+ files)
- Open files in finder work with external editors (changes seamless live sync with UI).
- Pin/Unpin important notes on the top.
- Synchronization over iCloud Drive.
- Multi-folder storage.
- Live Markdown highlighting with code blocks (over 170 languages).
- Themes for code highlighting.
- Markdown images preview in the editor.
- Images drag and drop or copy & paste.
- Dark mode (macOS Mojave and higher).
- Encryption AES-256.
- Mermaid and MathJax support.
- Git versioning and scheduled backups.
- Adds confirmation of password before locking #1074
- Fixees extra system alert when unlocking encrypted folder #1534
- Fixes separate windows that do not support all features #1434
- Fixes unordered list items indented more than 2 levels #1519
- Fixes SSH Error: The operation couldn’t be completed on custom web server #1526
- Fixes unwanted error message on revision saving #1535
- Fixes syntax highlighting confused by periods #1499
- Fixes invoking system-wide custom key combo shortcuts results in deleted text #1405
- Fixes todo strikethrough displays inconsistently #1484
- Fixes UI behaviour when lock folder
- Fixes locking multiple windows
Ratings and Reviews
Becoming a great non-linear notes application
I have been learning to create non-linear notes using [[wiki-links]] and inline #hashtags and FSNotes supports all the main features I need on both Mac and iOS (and it's very rare to find these features on iOS). My only complaint now which I'll file with the developer is that auto-correct doesn't seem to work in iOS. Then again, maybe I turned it off. Once I figure that out I will be making this 5-stars as it really has grown to working very well.
Developer Response ,
Implemented, so, time to change review to 5 stars ;-)
not for everyone
In reply to developers response: RTF being obsolete in your opinion is not the point. The point is this format was offered in the app, then abruptly discarded in update without warning. If I have to buy an app, I need to know that if the developer makes impactful changes there would be some sort of early warning with a transiytion period. No need for refund.
The decription on the App Store starts with "Fast. Secure. Powerful note-taking". I bought the Mac version yesterday, and started playing with it. I set the Editor to RTF, and tested and I liked it. Nice, simple, and fast. This morning I bought the iOS version, and also selected RTF for the ditor. Just a few minutes ago a new version came out and of course I updated. With this update, thet removed support for several options in Editor (removed txt and RTF). Markdown may be great for lots of people, but I did not buy this software because it is only a markdown editor. Total disappointment. Will be deleting it soon.
Developer Response ,
You can create documents in txt format as before. RTF is an obsolete format that is supported in read mode.
And of course I recommend requesting a refund if you are not satisfied with the app for any reason.
Oleksandr, FSNotes author
FSNotes has answered almooooost all of my prayers. Since the new version of evernote gave me all kinds of issues, I've needed to switch. Finding FSNotes, written totally natively in swift, and FOR THE MAC (not some Electron junk...) has been such a breath of fresh air! Can't recommend it highly enough!
Truly the ONLY feature I'd like to see added is the ability to see all my Todos from different notes in one central place. Currently it is easy to see all of your notes that have Todos, but then you have to go to each note to see the Todos themselves. This is how many note apps treat Todos. But giving them a central place to live, after pbeing created in the note (almost like tags!) would be huge.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oleksandr Hlushchenko
- 23.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Oleksandr Hlushchenko
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.