QuickPlan for iPad is a visual touch enabled flight planner that makes it easy to generate flight plans in native FSX, FS2004 or X-Plane formats. It makes a great companion for our moving map apps for iPad - iGMapHD and FSWidgets EFB.
The entire route is generated visually, by tapping the map to add the departure airport, intermediate waypoints and arrival airport in the same order that you intend flying the plan.
During plan creation and after adding the final arrival waypoint you also have the opportunity to remove any of the intermediate waypoints before saving the plan in your preferred format.
Flight plans are saved to the apps Documents folder and can be exported using the iTunes File Sharing feature. For a more convenient file export solution you can use the built-in Dropbox support to easily transfer flight plans to your Mac or PC.
QuickPlan utilizes a new mapping engine and includes 12 world-wide map styles and has support for FSWidgets Cloud Based Aero Charts (free Cuba/Puerto Rico WAC Cloud Based Chart included) and FSWidgets Cloud Based World Nav Data (Free KSFO - San Francisco Bay area Nav Data included).
QuickPlan can be used in Freeform Mode, Advanced Mode, or a combination of both.
Simply tap anywhere on the map and QuickPlan will allow you to add it as a generic waypoint. VFR pilots often use towns, lakes and other unique geographic features and with QuickPlan you can add any geographical location shown on the base map. Plans created this way label the waypoints automatically with generic names (e.g. DEP, WP1, WP2, ARR).
If desired, the entire route from departure to arrival can be created without reference to any navigational aids or official airports. This is handy for bush pilots who often use unlicensed airfields and small landing strips (or seaplane landing areas). Helicopter pilots can also quickly create plans that depart from off-airport locations like building rooftops or land on a road.
If you own the FSWidgets Cloud Based World Nav Data product you can create more advanced flight plans by tapping on any of the icons displayed on the map to add them as waypoints - airports, VOR's, NDB's and intersections (data for the KSFO area is included free). Plans created this way label the waypoints automatically with airport and navigational aid identifiers taken from the Nav Data (e.g. KSFO, OSI, LV, FABLA).
- Generates native FSX (.pln), FS2004 (.pln) and X-Plane (.fms) format flight plans
- Saves flight plans to the Documents folder, can be exported/imported
- Flight plans can be exported via iTunes File Sharing feature
- Includes optional Dropbox support for easy transfer of flight plans to Mac or PC
- Dropbox feature syncs to the folder "Dropbox/Apps/FSWidgets - QuickPlan" on your Mac or PC
- Search for airport by ICAO identifier
- Map powered by Leaflet API (using OpenStreetMap & custom data)
- Includes many world-wide maps styles
- Supports FSWidgets Cloud Based Aero Charts
- Free Cuba/Puerto Rico WAC Cloud Based Chart included
- Supports FSWidgets Cloud Based Nav Data
- Free KSFO (San Francisco Bay) area Nav Data included
- World-wide Metar and TAF Data icons
- US Nexrad (Next-Gen Radar) Data
- iPad with iOS 11.0 or later.
- Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004 or X-Plane.
- Free (or Pro) Dropbox account (if using that feature)
- Dropbox must be installed on Mac or Windows PC
- Wi-Fi network required
- Internet access required, to download map data
- Major update for iOS 13
- New faster, smoother map rendering engine
- Fixes map zoom and pan on iOS 13
- Adds support for new iOS 13 Dark Mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use
Very nice app to make flight plans for X-Plane, I purchased the package deal with the EFB, GMap, and QuickPlan, for the price it would have been nice to include the airports, had to pay extra for those.
A Great Addition
Incredibly easy to use. Turns out flight plans in record time. If you don't already have it, get the Nav Data cloud and Map cloud, I recommend it but it's not necessary - this app rocks on its own with the standard maps. Using Dropbox to move them to your computer running FSX couldn't be easier. I doubt I'll ever use the FSX flight planner for VFR flights again.
No 3G support - useless for me
The app has no support for 3G connections seems to be wifi only. Unfortunately the original requirement specification was missing this info but now the wifi only label been added. The developer promised to look into the matter for a future update. Going for a refund. 3 stars but bear in mind that I have not seen the actual product.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.