Pitch Counter is a baseball pitch counting application that provides simple ball and strike count support as well as support for all events required to capture complete in game pitching statistics. In addition to pitching statistics, game state and some overall game statistics are captured.
The interface is designed to minimize touches. In most cases, a pitch requires a single touch. There are a few instances that require two touches to ensure all statistics are accurate. When an event is captured in error, there is an Undo button to return Pitch Counter to its previous state. Behind the scenes Pitch Counter records all events, so Undo can be used to erase an entire outing, please use with caution.
Pitch Counter supports the relief pitcher concept to ensure accurate on screen representation of game state and completeness of game level statistics. Once a relief pitcher enters the game, the prior pitcher's information remains available. Simply navigate back to the Pitch Outing view and select the outing of interest. Undo works across relief pitchers. Once the first event of a relief pitcher is erased, the relief pitcher's associated Pitch Outing is erased.
At any time, pitching and game statistics can be viewed and emailed. Report options are detailed below:
* Outing: Summarized statistics and event log for the displayed outing. Includes CSV file attachment of event log.
* Game: Summarized statistics of game associated with displayed outing and full event log for ALL pitchers participating in game. Includes CSV file attachment of full event log.
* Season: Summarized season statistics across ALL games associated with displayed pitcher. Pitch outings are matched based on pitcher name. Matching is case insensitive.; e.g.: Kershaw is equal to KERSHAW
CSV file attachments can be opened in a spreadsheet application for advanced ad-hoc analysis. By default, all reports contain ERA calculations based on 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 inning games. The settings menu supports selection of just one of these values, if all outings are based on the same ERA calculation. Each time a report is generated, ERA is recalculated. If this setting is originally incorrect, it can be corrected.
Confirmation of button touch is supported by sound, vibration or both. These settings are managed using the standard iOS Settings app. A special vibrate confirmation can be enabled by shaking your iPhone while on the Pitch Outing screen. While in this mode, vibration will by default only occur when the Ball or one of the Strike buttons is pressed. Disable this mode by shaking your iPhone again. Mode changes are confirmed by vibration and the text "vibrate" displayed in the KS button. This feature is overridden by vibrate options in the settings menu.
Additional information is available in the app's built in Help documentation.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
* Added support for capturing Intentional Base on Balls (IBB button). Additional details in application's Help document.
* Added text message support for condensed Outing stats. Default text message recipient can be set in Pitch Counter settings within the iOS Settings App.
* Improved accuracy of Pitches / Inning and Batters / Inning in E-mail reports. Versions prior to v1.7.2 do not take into account partial innings.
* Fixed bug where E-mail reports would not always display on newer iPad models.
NOTE: For iPhone 5 models (and older) removed ability to "Lock Outing" from the Action Menu. This feature is now only supported by clicking the Lock icon on the outing screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple but effective in keeping stats for your pitcher. Great app.
Would be great but it automatically selects today's date for the game date and.....huge problem......it cannot be edited or changed.
That's a problem with all the league people that I know who have tried it. So close but....
Developer Response ,
Version 1.7.1 now supports changing the Pitch Outing (game) date. This feature can be accessed from the action menu.
I had another pitch counter that was lame...because it was free. Decided to spend the money on the app and it's a good bargain for those wanting to keep stats of their sons or daughters pitching without keeping a book. Very simple to use and love the way it keeps very detailed stats. I recommend this to anyone. There are other apps for 4 bucks and up but this does just as well of not better than them.
The developer, ITAS, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Eric Lee
- 4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Information Technology Advisory Service, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.