Picture-perfect photo importing and metadata editing for your Mac.
Full Frame is a fast, focused app for browsing and importing photos from your camera to your Mac. It works with your memory cards, cameras, iPhone, and iPad. It lets you save your photos directly to your Mac’s file system and attached storage. Videos, too.
No databases, libraries, or clouds between you and your work — just files.
Full Frame comes with a powerful metadata editor and viewer. You can edit metadata after importing, and you can also create metadata presets that are applied to items as you import them.
◆ Full Frame is free to download and try. You can make 100 imports, deletes, and saves each for free. If you decide you like it, you can unlock the app with a one-time purchase of $29.99, or you can pay as you go by purchasing 100 more imports, deletes, and saves for $4.99. ◆
• Import from your memory cards, camera, iPhone, iPad, or storage media — or copy between folders
• View, edit, and add metadata
• Metadata presets: Automatically apply metadata to photos & videos you import — or remove metadata
• Automatically rename photos & videos you import based on their metadata — even file them into sub-folders
• Use the fast, stunning thumbnails view for the big picture — your photos & videos are ordered from newest to oldest, and you can scroll freely around your entire collection without having to wait for thumbnails to load
• Use the slideshow view to get a detailed look at each photo
• Select, import, and delete with customizable keyboard shortcuts
• Import all your new photos & videos at once, or select the ones you want
• Supports all RAW formats that macOS supports: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207972
• Tethered shooting — view new photos & videos as you take them with a connected camera
• Quickly access your recently used folders — Full Frame remembers them
• Open Full Frame right from the Finder and other apps using the included system service
• Play your videos in either the thumbnails view or slideshow view
• Drag and drop into the Finder or Desktop to import
Try Full Frame for free today.
※ See https://inlandsea.cc for image credits.
• Fixed: The app sometimes said that iPhones and iPads were locked when they weren't, especially on macOS Catalina (10.15).
• Fixed: The app sometimes did not allow items to be deleted from iPhones and iPads, especially on macOS Catalina (10.15).
• Fixed: On macOS Catalina (10.15), scrolling in the thumbnails view could sometimes be slow and stuttery when RAW images were present.
Ratings and Reviews
Better than the Finder, way cheaper than Lightroom
I wish the image rendering was faster and it was possible to select multiple images and export them at once rather than one-by-one.
That said, it is *so much better* than using the Finder to review photos, and I have zero interest in paying a small fortune for Lightroom etc. when this is the only functionality I need: reviewing images on a card and moving some to a target folder until I edit them later. Happy to pay for it!
The app has tons of IPTC and EXIF fields available, and yes you can perform a batch edit on several files at once.
The Import and Export settings are made as navigationg popups, both appearing as iif they'll be import locations in the interface. Switching to a new set to import is unecessarily complicated.
But the editing interface is implemented in the style of an OS X inspection window.
So the edit panel is small, fields within it are small and list-like with flip-down arrows to expand groups, and you have to double-click in a field to edit. Close the window and there's no Cancel-Save dialog. Did anything happen?
Save and Copy functions are independent (!) This means you can save edits right on your camera card (stupendously dangerous of course) without transferring them, or transfer them without asking you to perform the edits on the copies.
Only when you close the main window or switch to a new set of images does is ask what to do with the images.
Um, OK? Decades of basic Human Interface Guidelines, ignored. But hey, it's compatible with Mojave's Dark Mode.
Make new edits to the same files, Save and Copy again ... nothing. The first copies are still there; it can't save new versions, it can't let you know a file with the same name is already in the same location on your hard drive. Just, wow. And often it would not save edits and not tell you why.
Developer Response ,
I see what you mean about the info windows. You’re probably right. Technically the document you’re editing (your photo) is still open in the main window after you close an info window, and that’s why you’re not prompted to save your unsaved changes until you close the main window or switch sources. Apple’s Preview app works the same way, among others.
Save and import/copy are different, yes. The app gives you the power to save directly to your memory cards and other sources. There are a couple of workflows Full Frame works well with. You can set up metadata presets and then import your photos, and all the imports will receive the metadata you chose. Or you can import and then view the imports directly in the app, and edit them after the fact. Outside of those two workflows, you can also use Full Frame to view and edit photos directly in the source, or photos that are already on your Mac.
The main import function is designed to skip files you’ve already imported. That way you can simply click the Import/Copy button each time you plug in your memory card, and only new photos will be imported. Selecting individual photos for import will reimport them though, and you’ll end up with duplicates if those photos were already imported.
Thanks for the review.
Please Fix Crashing
I love the app. It would be great if didn't crash while I'm deleting photos. I'm a photographer who uses it for culling
Developer Response ,
Could you email support at firstname.lastname@example.org, please? The crash logs would really help.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Inland Sea LLC
- 4.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015–2020 Inland Sea LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock for Unlimited Use $29.99
- 100 More Imports, Deletes, and Saves Each $4.99
- Unlock for Unlimited Use $24.99
- Unlock for Unlimited Use $19.99
- Unlock for Unlimited Use $14.99
- Unlock for Unlimited Use $9.99
- Unlock for Unlimited Use $4.99
- Unlock for Unlimited Use $0.00