150 fun-to-read, dual-language, interactive picture books (ebooks) with subtle, science and math themes to ignite a passion for reading and learning!
- Auto play and read-aloud
- Word highlighting
- Reading speed adjustment
- Animal & object sounds when tapped
- Individual words read aloud when tapped
- Download or stream
- Teaching activities and fun quizzes
Read quietly with your child or put the ebook in play and watch and listen as these amazing ebooks read-aloud in both English and Spanish! Follow along with word highlighting and adjust the reading speed to promote oral language skills, vocabulary, pronunciation, text engagement, and reading comprehension. And your kids will love our latest features: (1) tap a word and hear it read aloud; and (2) tap the animals and listen to their calls of the wild as they roar, chirp, and howl. We have also added sounds to things that you might expect to make noise, like gavels banging, waves crashing, lightning striking, fire crackling, etc.
Each ebook has a “fun, cuddle factor” so that reading can be for just the joy of reading or build in a few extra minutes to work with your children on the underlying science and math. Find a 3-6 page “For Creative Minds” section in the back of each book with easy-to-understand activities specifically designed so that parents and adults can be the “teachers” long after their schooling days. Parents and teachers are given the tools they need to answer the “why” questions. Activities are designed to engage children and are so much more than a list of “fun facts” often with matching, sequencing, and true/false questions to develop critical thinking skills. These activities make each book so much more than just a picture book…the books become tools to get readers (the children and the adults in their lives) excited about the underlying subjects and to become a “launch pad” for more discussion and learning.
- ebooks stream from the cloud (default) or can be downloaded to your ipad.
- "More.." button within each ebook offers additional resources (30-60 pages of cross-curricular teaching activites with questions to ask before and after reading, and three 10-question quizzes (reading comprehension, For Creative Minds, math word problems)
- Download, Uninstall, and Buy options on the Manage eBooks page.
- In-App purchase with AppleID and password.
- In addition to iPad viewing, purchased eBooks will also play on computers, and other mobile devices. (New Users do not have to register but not registering limits eBook access to the iPad and precludes computer and other mobile device access.)
- Search ebooks by Title, Author, Keywords, Animals
- Sort by Language Arts (Common Core), Math (CC), Science (Next Generation Science Standards) or by Reading Levels (AR, Guided Reading, Lexile).
- Ebook Display Options: (1) set English or Spanish as the default language, (2) view previews and purchased or just purchased, (3) view streaming and downloads or just downloads.
- View usage details
- Schools and Libraries may sign-up online for 30-day free trial.
6 new languages added bring the total to 9: English (all), Spanish (all), Chinese (40), Arabic (10), Portuguese (20), Indonesian (10), Japanese (5), German (15), French (20). We are rapidly growing the number of languages and the number of languages per title
8 new titles
Ratings and Reviews
Great picture books and amazing app
My grandchildren love these books and I am most impressed with the ebook technology. These ebooks read aloud with perfectly synched word highlighting and you can toggle back and forth between English, Spanish, and some have Chinese. And, what our grandkids really like is tapping the animals and hearing their sounds.
These ebooks are absolutely fabulous. My grandchildren love them. They listen to them in English and Spanish and love to hold the iPad themselves (sitting on my lap :-)). The stories are great and the pictures are beautiful! Learning math and science is fun because of these books. My three-year old loves to pick out her favorite books and read them over and over. Every household and school with children should have all these ebooks!
Sylvan Dell Books
We have used and loved Sylvan Dell books for years with our grand-kids, knowing some of them by heart through frequent readings. I love the activities in the back, great for parents, teachers, or grand-parents to easily do. The Spanish/English audible reading option is wonderful! We are thrilled we can get them on ebooks. Beautiful illustrations! Wonderful, wonderful books!!! Thank you, Sylvan Dell.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Arbordale Publishing, LLC
- 94.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Arbordale Publishing / Digiraatis Infotech
- In-App Purchases
- * All-Title Set (1 of 8): Fall 2012 $5.99
- Most Dangerous, The $6.99
- * All-Title Set (2 of 8): Spring 2013 $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.