Functional Listening app includes listening exercises with everyday messages that might be heard throughout the day at different settings.
Functional Listening app includes listening exercises with everyday messages that might be heard throughout the day at different settings such as store, doctor’s office, school, etc.
Functional listening can be used in speech therapy with individuals, who struggle with language comprehension due to receptive language disorders, Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD), stroke and cognitive deficits. This app can be also used by second language learners (ESL) to practice comprehension of English.
Functional Listening app includes over 100 audio exercises in the following categories:
- Listening to phone messages
- Listening to news
- Listening to daily messages
- Listening to messages at school
- Listening to messages at the doctor’s office
- Listening to how-to instructions and manuals
The users will listen to various messages and take a comprehension quiz at the end of each message.
Functional Listening app is easy to navigate and allows users to employ several tools to perform the following tasks:
- Enter multiple students
- Change settings and use randomization
- Select auto-scoring
- Select alternate counts for multiple students
- Select different types of background noise
- Delay the presentation of stimuli
- Track correct and incorrect responses
- E-mail results at the end of the session
Ratings and Reviews
I have used this app for years with my adult patients who have attention difficulty due to strokes and other issues. It’s realistic and functional. The patients enjoy using it. I’m not sure why the previous review felt it was too hard or that the speech rate was too hard. Sounds like they are needing something for lower functioning adults. This is based on real life scenarios. The app allows for story repetition even within the question section. Great tracking ability. I now have several of this company’s apps and find all very useful.
Good functional adult material but presented at too rapid a rate for most and relatively long narrative is too much for my clients. Needs to be a way to adjust difficulty levels. Then I would recommend this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Virtual Speech Center Inc.
- 115.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Virtual Speech Center Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.