Anime. Anytime. Anywhere.
Subscribe to FunimationNow and take your love of anime anywhere you go with this free iOS app!
Watch Funimation’s library of HD, ad-free anime shows featuring iconic classics and the hottest new series streaming just hours after they air in Japan. With the largest collection of English-dubbed episodes online and the option to watch in the original Japanese with English subtitles, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
• Unlimited access to hundreds of subtitled and English-dubbed anime shows
• Watch HD shows, movies, OVAs, and extras completely ad free
• The latest simulcast shows, as well as our huge library of anime classics
• Exclusive English dubs within weeks of their Japanese broadcast
• Support original Japanese creators by getting your anime from an official source
• Purchase a subscription from within the app
• Advanced Search to find and filter shows easily
• Marathoning / Auto-play next episode
• +/- 10 sec skip
• Queue sync
• Episode progress sync across devices
• Airplay and Chromecast features
FunimationNow subscription details:
• FunimationNow subscribers will receive a 14-Day free trial. After that, the account will renew on a monthly basis.
• Subscribers will be charged a monthly fee of $5.99 for a Premium Subscription. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
iPhone X complaints
First off, I really enjoy the app. Haven’t used it in a long while, then I redone loaded and noticed that they’re using the ad type model now and got back in, and now I’m using the free trial and will likely use the paid version, however... I’m finding that the thin line that has effectively replaced the home button on this model of iPhone is always on when watching from this app, so I’ve got the bar on the screen over the videos that are playing. Other apps have the bar fade away when the screen isn’t touched. It’s rather annoying. The other complaint would be that I got to episode 10 of High School DxD and it just will not for whatever reason play the next episode. I’ve had startup issues on some before but they usually play. It’s like I’m not allowed to watch further, and just gives an error message. I tried other devices and it doesn’t work there either, so it’s obviously the service in general. Outside of that, I enjoy the selection of anime that’s provided, but like many that are posting reviews here, the service itself and the way it’s presented needs a lot of fine tuning. I want to love it, I really do.
P.S.- a screen rotation option would be nice guys, k thx. That being said, thanks for the awesome app.
Poor streaming app that feels years behind the rest.
While it is nice to have a dedicated streaming location that is legal there is little to make it worth it, especially for a price. This is more than a little expensive for the content when compared to every other streaming site, especially when you consider these shows are coming to us second and the only real costs are dubbing and hosting which only make up a small portion of overall costs.
The app is slow, unintuitive, and buggy. When you launch is silences any music or podcasts you have on, loads, shows you and unskippable animation, and then loads the main page. Videos are extremely slow to start and constantly need to buffer more than any other app I have used. I have been unable to watch in portrait mode any videos. If you skip ahead with buttons or by dragging the location indicator it will stop and need to be restarted meaning you can only reliably watch a show from start to finish. If you close the app or stop playing a video you will almost often find it restarting from the beginning, again with no way to select location. You also have to log back in everytime you close the app.
The genre list and search functionality is bare bones and poor to use. Certain settings like maturity filtering can't be changed in the app. All in all a poor experience I will not be paying for.
A few fixes needed
Overall the app is good, before i went premium the free version worked just fine for what i needed. But premium is not worth it unless they fix the issues they have. No ads are always a plus, but captions are impossible to see on a phone if the episode features a bright/white background. And there are captions that are not the same as what is being said in the dub episodes. (I don’t speak japanese, so i can’t speak for the captions’ accuracy when translating a different language). But when it’s an english dub with english captions it should match up 100% of the time. Not being able to see it or read it correctly makes it virtually useless at times for hearing impaired people like members of my family who watch funimation. Please add captions with a black trim or something guaranteed to be seen no matter what’s happening in the backgroun.
Also, and this is minor but this is the only video app i have that doesn’t let you watch the video horizontally whichever way your mobile device is faced. Which sometimes makes me or someone else have to watch an episode in an awkward position.
Overall, 3.5/5. Great dubs. App needs work.
- Funimation Entertainment
- 93.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- ©2017-19 Funimation Productions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Plus - Monthly $7.99
- Premium - Monthly $5.99
- Premium Plus - Yearly $79.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.