Fury of Dracula 9+
The gothic board game is back!
Fury of Dracula: Digital Edition is the digital adaptation of the much-loved board game, first published in 1987 by Games Workshop. Based on the 4th Edition of the game, this faithful adaptation allows you to re-experience this iconic game of gothic horror and deduction in a whole new way.
Fury of Dracula is a board game that emphasizes hidden movement and teamwork, with the hunters having to coordinate their movements to close the net on Dracula. Players take turns moving across Europe, with Dracula moving in secret as he increases his influence. Dracula has a host of tricks and traps up his sleeves, to misdirect and hide from the hunters - but the hunters are armed with plenty of tools too!
Each hunter provides a new way to play, with unique stats and abilities to aid them in the fight against this ancient evil. Dracula himself has a range of unholy powers to call upon, allowing him to transform and enthral humans, along with transforming into a bat or mist in order to escape the hunters.
Once the hunters and Dracula finally clash, bloody and gruesome combat ensues. Nobody is safe as Dracula lashes out at his pursuers, and the hunters battle against the inhuman and immortal Count. Featuring a card-based combat system that rewards bluffing and tactical choices, no two clashes are the same.
DETAILED TUTORIAL - In-depth tutorials walk you through everything to start your hunt.
A FAITHFUL ADAPTATION - Based on the 4th Edition of the physical game, Fury of Dracula: Digital Edition recreates the iconic board game in its entirety.
MULTIPLE GAME MODES - Choose from battling against the AI, teaming up with friends locally or taking the hunt global with up to five players in online battles.
HAUNTING ANIMATIONS - The artwork from the original board game bursts to life with beautiful and bloody animations for every single piece.
A CHILLING SOUNDTRACK - Composed and created from the ground up for Fury of Dracula: Digital Edition, this soundtrack is sure to send chills down your spine.
ONLINE PLAY - Take the hunt online with up to 5 players, with in-game chat to help coordinate your search across Europe.
Will you take on the role of Dracula as he increases his influence over Europe? Or will you and up to three friends take on the role of Dr. Abraham Van Helsing, Dr. John Seward, Lord Arthur Godalming, and Mina Harker as they attempt to stop him before his bloody plans bare fruit? Join the hunt now!
• Added the following house rules to the game config screen:
• Limit how many times per match Dracula may use any specific power card
• Set how much damage Dracula takes when moving from land to sea
• Set how much damage Dracula takes when moving from sea to sea
• Set how much influence the Fury of Dracula ability awards each time it is invoked
• Prevent the Fury of Dracula ability from invoking if the trail contains a certain amount of sea hideouts
• Added a dialog to the pause menu which allows players to view enabled advanced rules and house rules
• Multiple tokens and players on the same city are more visible
• Placing/removing tokens have an animation
• Characters becoming visible/invisible has an animation
• Updated the AI Hunter city selection decision when prompted by events
• Hunter can now pass if they are trapped at sea during day by fog & storm tokens
• Hunters can no longer rest twice with Renewed Vigor
• Being ambushed by a vampire encounter card right after being moved by a Bats token no longer causes character visual issues
• Achievements based on victory conditions are now triggered correctly all the time
• Fast Horses now shuffles the rail tickets before drawing one, and shows the rail ticket to everyone faceup
• A location where a hunter was defeated that contains no other live hunters is no longer considered a valid target for Wolves' mature effect
• The penalty incurred when Dracula is unable to move no longer interrupts card events that occur at the start of the Dracula phase
• Revealing six or more cards at once will now show all the cards faceup
Ratings and Reviews
Slow with steep learning curve
Im new to “app board games” but not physical ones. Just started exploring apps to get in a board game fix with people i know, and this is the 3rd game we tried (first talisman which is easy to learn but a game can go for an hour or more, second small world which takes more strategy, but you can finish a game in under 15 mins) The digital version is my first experience with “fury of drac” and my initial reaction is not stellar.
Theres a lot going on with this game and ive always found the best way to learn is playing. That being said, the single player mode is incredibly slow paced and not much to make you feel like youre developing as a player (little reward for the time spent). Ive had to force myself to keep playing as its not very fun right away (vs something like “Talisman” which is easy to pickup and fun to play even solo).
Its not that the game is bad, but being new and its slow pacing makes it hard to get immersed. If i knew the rules or was playing with others who did (and had voice chat potential), i can tell id have an entirely different experience. For now, id have to caution new players that this isnt something youre going to immediately pick up and be enjoying in your first hour of play time. Its gonna take some work to learn and your enjoyment will likely be directly correlated to online play or your group of friends.
Good, but needs some fixes
The four stars means “this app is good considering it just came out.” Fury of Dracula is a complex enough game that it needs a lot of work to function well in this new format. So far, it’s only part of the way to being great.
First, the positives. This app is based on what is probably my favorite board game of all time. (I suppose I’m biased because I like the book Dracula and its 500 movie adaptations.) The game is often suspenseful and exciting, and rewards intelligent/strategic play. Playing as either the hunters or Dracula comes with unique opportunities and challenges.
The game has a nice aesthetic, too, and a pretty cool soundtrack on the app. The artwork certainly reminds one of the book and its universe.
Now, the bad parts. The AI on this app isn’t good enough yet. Dracula is...okay in his AI form, but the hunters are almost totally incompetent. I’m something like 15-0 against them as Dracula and have never come close to losing. They misplay their cards, they go in the wrong directions, etc. There’s also some teething troubles with the interface (it can be tough to place roadblocks, for example).
On the whole, I’m surprised Fury of Dracula plays this well on a smartphone and I’m looking forward to seeing future updates. And maybe someday I’ll play against a human opponent, which will eliminate that pesky AI problem!
Enjoyable, Minor Issues
This is a fun multiplayer game. So far I have not had any issues playing it online with one other person using an iPad Pro. We have been playing against the AI Dracula and it does well enough considering we are beginners to the game. To improve the game the map edges need to be more visible as it is hard to view them if you do not have a character on the space to zoom in. The game statistics do not seem to completely populate, but they are no relevant to the actually game play. I would like to see toggle that shows the city names.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nomad Games Ltd.
- 433.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2021 Nomad Games Ltd.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.