Everyone deserves the gift of gab! But some disabilities, such as cerebral palsy, stroke, and autism, make verbal communication almost impossible. With Gabby, there is finally an affordable, yet powerful program to help you find your voice. Using images associated to text and/or audio combined with an easy to use and configurable interface, allows people with all ranges of disabilities to communicate much easier.
▪ Easily create and modify your own vocabulary.
▪ Use the built-in text-to-speech (TTS), or record your own voice.
▪ Administration mode so normal users can't modify or change anything.
▪ Multiple users with passwords (all vocabulary and organization private to each user).
▪ Temporarily hide vocabulary from view (until unhidden).
▪ Organize your vocabulary into any combination of folders or tags.
▪ Access vocabulary by folder, or view (most recent, most used, GPS location, etc).
▪ Quick Access Panel to keep vocabulary used often always available.
▪ Text mode: Gabby can read back anything you type.
▪ Sentence mode: Combine multiple vocabulary to form a sentence and play it back.
▪ Immediate mode: Click on an image and have the phrase or phonetic phrase spoken by TTS or your own audio played back.
▪ Built in web browser to provide easy access to images on the web.
▪ Image capture from camera, photo album, or web browser.
▪ Basic image editing (flip horizontal/vertical, crop, zoom, pan) without leaving the application.
▪ Send text/e-mail message while in sentence or text mode.
▪ Each vocabulary item has an image, phrase, phonetic phrase, tags, and comments.
▪ GPS Location, usage count, date, and time are all captured as each vocabulary item is used.
▪ Advanced search capability to find your vocabulary quickly.
View video tutorials here: http://www.enabledsoftware.net/vid-basic.html
1. The images provided are for example only. It is strongly suggested that you use your own images to customize the application to your own needs.
2. All settings are accessible from the information screen (by tapping the Info button in the top right corner of the application,
Miscellaneous bug fixes and updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t waste your money
I would give it a zero if I could. The various app voices are raspy and annoying regardless of the setting you choose. It’s not possible to make phrases or sentences. I decided within a few minutes that it’s not for me, or for my caseload. I emailed them and there is no real tech support or assistance. I asked for a refund and I was told to contact Apple. The makers of this app obviously don’t care about customer service.
You have the option of editing the speed and pitch of the 3 voices. However, all voices are the same. I expected a voice similar or better than the Gabby Lite and (which has a natural sounding female voice) I want my money back .........
This has got to be one of the most versatile apps for people unable to speak!!
We started using this app a short time after it was released. We loved it then and after using it for a few months we love it even more. The updates keep making it better and better- there's so much on this app. We love the ability to change pics to our own as well as recording our own voice. We're even able to place a folder in a folder along side other words in that folder and from that folder break out to vocabulary options. ~ and the option to tag an item allowing it to be shared in several folders. The list goes on - gps of location used- usage- ability to form sentences & seeing the spoken word in text. If I were to develop an app to enable my son to communicate it would be just like this. 5☆ - thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.