Get faster results at the gym by logging your progress with Gains.
Gains is hands down the fastest way to log your workouts, while keeping track of what you did the last time.
Gains is not for those looking for a tutorial on weightlifting, or ideas for routines. Gains is a simple logging app for strength training that allows you to chart your progress.
- Log an exercise faster than a notepad
- Automatically keep track of your personal records
- Gauge your progress by seeing previous attempts
- See what weights/reps you did last time you did the same exercise
- Add notes to each exercise
- Logs are stored on your device, and Gains works completely offline
- Exercises automatically organized by day
- Simple rest timer that reminds you even when you're browsing other apps
- Hundreds of exercises to choose from, or add your own
- Log an exercise even faster with 3D Touch on the app icon
- Fixed an issue where state restoration would not work correctly
- Fixed an issue where notes would be duplicated across multiple super sets
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and straightforward
This app is almost perfect. Would be great if there was an export/import feature and some kind of Chart-view to show progression.
Great! But needs like 10% more
This is super straight forward and I love it. I especially love the simple weight input buttons (45, 35, 25 etc). BUT in regards to tracking lifts over a long period of time, it’s hard to see how far you’ve improved, a simple chart would be best or “worst set” added to the list that’s there now maybe as a short term improvement. Also, it’s also hard to know the math on which set has been your best set to begin for a starting weight to improve upon without digging into the data. Even just having a calculated estimated 1 rep max would be helpful to set goals with. Overall I will keep using this app with hopes for a few minor additions in the future that will help better track, load weights, and set my goals without hindering the simplicity that I’ve come to enjoy.
Solid app, has potential
Good app for tracking exercises.
One suggestion: it would be awesome to see a calendar-style view of the days I logged workouts, and which muscle groups I worked out (e.g., colored coded) so that I can easily see what I need to focus more on, and what/when I've been good about hitting the gym as much as I plan to (and where I've dropped the ball).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.