First there was the original Galaxy Invader (Galaxy Invader 1978). Now this sequel, also known as Cosmic Fire Away, blasts you back to the 1980's again when games were simple but very addictive. An accurate recreation of the VFD LSI game by CGL, Gakken, Tandy and other companies of that time. Fun for all ages with three difficulty levels. All those retro sounds and that vacuum fluorescent display are here. This was a classic and very popular toy back then. Now it is a rare and collectable item but YOU can own it right now! These types of machines were made by companies such as Grandstand, Tomy, Entex, CGL, Tandy, Bandai and Epoch to name but a few.
*Screenshots show actual app in action and original artwork based on the original packaging. See how close to the real thing it is!
• Accurate simulation of the classic handheld machine
• Full retro sounds
• 3 difficulty levels
• Simple and addictive
• Totally nostalgic
• iCade support
HOW TO PLAY
1. Set speed control to the desired level. Slide power on/off switch to "on"
2. Move the Missile Launch lever side by side to aim at Invader or UFO and press Missile Launch button.
3. Game ends when you obtain 1,000 points or when all 3 Missile Launchers are destroyed or when Invader captures G-zone or when you have shot all of your 250 Missiles.
* When you obtain 700 points, one Missile Launcher and 50 Missiles are given as a bonus.
4. To start a new game simply switch slide to "off" and then to "on" again.
5. If using with iCade or compatible controller, press the iCade button on top left and you can now use a joystick and red fire(5) button.
NOTE: pressing this without connection to a compatible Bluetooth controller will bring up the keyboard. If this happens just press the button again to turn it off.
The original version is also available by us called "Galaxy Invader 1978"
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fixed a link to app store
Ratings and Reviews
Just Like the Original
My two sons and I played this game on the original device. I finally installed a phone jack on it so the family could get a little peace and quite. My sons are all grown now with families of their own. But we can relive those days playing space invaders on our iPads.
Graphics/sounds are awesome 👍🏻👍🏻 it does feel like a retro game. I have an iphone 11 and i find it kinda difficult to move to the lefr side, other than that good stuff 5/5
Since theses games are getting expensive and hart to find, this is a good chance to play them! Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thank you too!
The developer, Rob Wilmot, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rob Wilmot
- 23.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Beats N Bobs (Rob Wilmot)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.