Detailed and easy-to-use offline maps. We have millions of points of interest (POI) on our maps. Record your GPS tracks and bookmark your favorite locations.
• Amazingly-detailed maps covering the entire world.
• Based on open data from OpenStreetMap project.
• Download once, then use offline without restriction.
• Maps updated monthly with most-recent fixes and additions.
• Turn-by-turn driving directions.
• Voice instructions while navigating available in nine languages.
• Routes for Driving/Cycling/Walking/Shortest Distance.
• Automatic rerouting gets you back along your way.
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary.
• Record your trips even when the app is in the background.
• Monitor your real-time speed, distance, and time traveled, as well as altitude right on the map during the trip.
• Choose from seven solid track colors, or altitude and speed gradients.
• Incredibly fast – results appear instantly as you type.
• Search in a variety of ways – by address, object name, category, or even by GPS coordinates.
• Searches simultaneously in multiple languages, making searching easier than ever.
• Save favorite places on your map.
• Choose from a variety of map icons.
• Sync your data across multiple devices.
• Data saved on a server as a backup.
OFFLINE MAP FILES SUPPORT [Pro]
• MBTiles (.mbtiles)
• SQLite (.sqlitedb)
ONLINE MAP SOURCES from thunderforest.com [Pro]:
OpenCycleMap, Outdoors, Transport, Transport Dark, Landscape, Mobile Atlas, Neighbourhood.
IMPORT AND EXPORT
• It's easy to export your tracks, bookmarks, or your whole travel collection as a KML or GPX file.
• Organized into collections for easy access.
• One-finger zooming.
• Trip computer with speed and altitude.
• Tracking mode.
• Coordinates and scale.
• Customize what objects are visible.
• 11 different map languages to choose from.
• Adjustable label size – large labels on maps are extremely useful while driving.
Subscription allows you to create unlimited bookmarks and record unlimited GPS tracks, download unlimited maps, sync between devices, use Pro map sources and import offline raster maps in sqlitedb/mbtiles format.
Guru Maps Pro offers two subscription options:
$1.99 per month
$17.99 per year
Prices may vary by location.
Should you choose to upgrade to a Premium subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
You may cancel automatic renewal and manage your subscription by selecting Manage App Subscriptions in your iTunes Account settings and selecting the subscription you want to modify. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a Premium subscription, where applicable.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Invite friends to renew your subscription for free.
The process is simple:
1. Invite your friends.
2. Friend starts subscription.
3. You both get a free week of subscription.
[!] You can only invite friends after the start of the subscription. Whether it is active or not at the moment is not important.
Since v4.3.0 Guru Maps app is a subscription service:
• $2.49 per month
• $22.49 per year
• $49.99 one time purchase for lifetime subscription
Note: prices may vary by location.
For those who paid for in-app purchase earlier, a lifetime subscription is activated automatically. If not, please tap "Restore purchase" button and use the same Apple ID as for original purchase.
Without subscription now it's possible to create up to 15 bookmarks and record up to 15 tracks, have only 3 vector maps downloaded simultaneously.
For subscribers there are new online map sources from thunderforest.com are available: OpenCycleMap, Outdoors, Transport, Transport Dark, Landscape, Mobile Atlas, Neighbourhood.
Ratings and Reviews
Best in Class Open Street Maps App
Galileo is very polished and packed with features. I have used this to get around my own town online as well as other countries without cell service with great success.
The map quality for Open Street Maps is not as good as Google or Apple maps in my city, but the great part is i can fix errors in minutes instead of “reporting a problem” with the map and waiting months for it to be fixed.
Love that it is free and shows terrain for all my trad climbing routes in Yosemite Valley. I can record the gps trail map, save pins for not so well marked climber trails. Have been using this app for over 5 yrs!
I like it mostly.
One thing that I have found that I dislike about the app is the search function. Let’s say I open the app and conduct a search. It finds my results, and if I select a result, a new panel appears on the right side of the screen that shows the update map. I cannot seem to merge the search results into the main screen. I do not want a small sliver of screen. If I search for a location, chances are I want the map to be centered on my selected search result. Full screen, big map. No small windows or split screens. Horrible aggravating implementation of search.
- Evgen Bodunov
- 115.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Evgen Bodunov
- In-App Purchases
- Offline Maps Import $0.99
- Donation $0.99
- Bookmarks $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.