Welcome to Game Informer, the world’s largest computer and video game magazine!
A 25-year veteran to publishing, Game Informer Magazine continues to shape the video game industry by expanding perspectives and providing in-depth knowledge and insight into the games market. We deliver news, previews, reviews, and features on computer, mobile, social, and console video games including Xbox One, PlaysStation 4, Switch, Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, 3DS, DS, PC, Vita, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, PSVR, iOS, and PSP.
Now available on your iPhone* and iPad**, Game Informer Magazine is the industry's leading magazine and is the 3rd largest overall consumer magazine in the United States. You can buy individual issues or subscribe, all right within the app.
Visit FAQ page at http://www.gameinformer.com/maghelp
*Available for iPhone 5 and newer.
** Available for iPad 2 and newer.
*** NEW PURCHASE OPTIONS ***
Individual issue pricing: $4.99
-Subscribe using the auto-renew feature and you won’t miss an issue ever! Once your initial 12 issues have been received, your subscription will automatically renew for another year at $19.99.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
restores iPad 3 and older models compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Forced portrait mode
I miss that I can read game informer in landscape view. Now it’s forced to view in portrait mode on the tablet, I’m not impressed. I cancelled my subscription unless the go back to the old format.
Not For Limited Vision
I’m very interested in the content of Game Informer, but I’m excluded.
I’ve waited for years on this app to stop penalizing people with limited vision. It’s no better than time I tried two years ago.
Small text in articles.
No text size settings.
Forces landscape mode on iPad.
I’ve not been able to read the print magazine since the format change. Currently I subscribe to print but I have to use a magnifier read the text, so all I really do is look at the pictures.
I’m not even going to start on the UI issues.
I love the idea of the app but there are way too many bugs for me to remotely enjoy using it. A lot of reviews say they can't back out of a issue, which I've never had any problems with (just press and hold on the middle of a page and it will give you the option to back out), but I've had major problems with things as simple as turning pages. I will turn the page and it will get stuck half way and it won't let me continue turning or reading. I have to turn back a page and go forward again about 4/5 times before it skips the page I want to goto and then I can back into the page in order to read it. Also the purchase and other links at the problem are generally buggy. It won't actually launch the site but instead, it will just sit there and act like I never pressed it.
Also the biggest issue I have is that I can't load some issues that are in my library. I have a subscription, and yet it won't let me read the issue unless I spend $5 to buy it individually. I am currently having that issue with my monster hunter world December 2017 issue.
If you have the choice to get the physical copy, do that instead. The app has been broken forever and a day and no one's doing anything to fix issues that have been around since the app launched.
- Sunrise Publications, Inc.
- 40.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Game Informer
- In-App Purchases
- Assassin's Creed Feature Issue $1.99
- 12 Months of Game Informer, Auto-Renewing $19.99
- Gears of War: Judgement - July 2012 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.