GameBus turns currently perceived duties regarding cognitive, physical and social activities into an enjoyable gaming experience.
The key idea is to let people play the different games they enjoy truly as an individual in such a way that they are part of an integrated social interaction. Among others, elderly are able to play their favorite brain training game (e.g., Sudoku) while joining forces with their younger peers that go out for a physical activity (e.g., walking, running, aerobics). According to age and activity type, players receive points on the leaderboards that they have subscribed to. Team members support each other to compete against other teams on global leaderboards. At the same time, local leaderboards facilitate some competition within a team.
Supported activity types:
1) Upon individual player consent, GameBus fetches data from existing sports apps such as Strava, Endomondo, Runkeeper, etc.
2) Additionally, sessions from cognitive games such as "Red Cherry", "Catch Fruit" and a variety of puzzles from http://www.griddlers.net/opengriddlers/ are synchronized automatically.
3) Finally, social selfies, face to face meetings, and other activity types can be registered manually from within the GameBus app.
Game players stimulate each other in order to achieve team goals, which favors their health directly. Implicitly, the game sessions will also counter social isolation and unconsciously vulnerable elderly will be monitored against cognitive decline too. Furthermore, GameBus generates rich, integrated data sets (related to cognitive, physical, and social activities) with big commercial and scientific potential. GameBus is intellectual property of Eindhoven University of Technology (TUE) and brought to the market by http://synergetics.nl, aiming at fair and ethical value exchange of all personal data.
http://is.ieis.tue.nl/research/hc/gamebus/Terms.pdf and http://is.ieis.tue.nl/research/hc/gamebus/Terms.txt.
Added features to create and test new provider integrations.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Turning something we have to into fun activity is a good idea. But sometimes app has glitches...
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- 21.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Pieter Van Gorp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.