Empower your hearing today!
Hearoes is an interactive auditory training platform for those with Cochlear Implants, Hearing aids and hearing loss to help familiarise different environmental sounds, and vocabulary (such as Ling's Sounds, Vowels and Consonants) to improve auditory feedback with a clear understanding of how progress is being made.
We've collaborated with different audiologist and speech pathologist at hospitals to help bring engaging interactive auditory training different stages of their hearing journey to help hear new sounds and confidence today.
It combines proven assessments used in rehabilitation sessions and on-going training with gamified activities and interactions to create an aesthetically engaging and user-centric experience for recipients. Hearoes helps this critical stage of on-going training become less of a chore for those with hearing aids, cochlear implants, and hearing loss.
It features dynamic pathways covering 5 key proven modules and 30+ fun activities focused on learning a specific part in the hearing journey of new sounds.
Some of the key modules featured in Hearoes are:
- Environmental Sounds: Combination of daily sounds, such as in the kitchen, rural and farm, and music. Immerse yourself in different environments and hear the sounds around the theme.
- Introduction to Words: Featuring Ling's Sounds, High/Low Pitches and a wide range of different Syllables
- Singleton Vowels: Featuring a range of activities and difficulties around vowel sounds.
- Common Consonant Confusions: Helping to be familiar with common consonant sounds in initial, final and mix position.
- Understanding Sentences: Progressive narratives in common day scenes. Ranging from video clips (for visual cues like lip-reading) to audio with background noise to help learn in a comfortable notion.
We also have a feedback option built-in and would love to hear your thoughts, so we can continue to build a great product to help those with hearing loss feel comfortable in different environments.
Thanks to everyone's feedback, the app is now further improved.
- Four new activities focusing on Intro to Vowels (with long and short Vowels words) for AUS and US accents,
- You can now download or share all your progress much more easily with others via email, messages and other supported apps,
- Introducing new result information and scores at the end of the activities so you can see a clearer review of how your session went.
- Resolved and fixed issue some had with Today I... activity,
- Some tweaks and optimisations internally and polished some rough edges throughout.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What an amazing amazing free app for ANYONE with a cochlear implant. It has been a cornerstone in my rehab process and I feel like I make progress every day. Just an incredible app and shoutout the developers for making it free and helping thousands of people with cochlear implants
Looks like a great tool, Got this app to help tech my two year old Granddaughter with implant. However, there is no sounds, Tried it on IPad & Iphone, same disappointing results
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and sorry to hear about the challenges you had regarding the sounds. iOS devices have a mute function which mutes the sound from some apps, including ours. We're currently exploring this situation further for our next update.
In the meantime, some iOS devices (mostly iPhones) have a hardware mute switch on the side of the device (above volume control). Otherwise, if your iOS device doesn't have a hardware mute switch (mostly iPads), please access the "Control Centre" settings on your device and turn off "Silent Mode" (bell icon).
If you're still having issues with the sound please email me (email@example.com) and I'll look into this further. If you do play Hearoes and have sound again, it would be very much appreciated if you could change your rating to reflect your most recent experience with the app. All the best with your grandaughter's hearing journey.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- GAMES 4 HEAROES PTY LTD
- 490.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © GAMES 4 HEAROES PTY LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.