GAMEYE is the FREE, revolutionary way to manage your video game collecting addiction!
To get your collection into the app we support:
• Scanning loose cartridges with your phone's camera
• Scanning barcodes with your phone's camera
• Manually selecting individual games
• Over 100 platforms and 60,000+ games and adding more every day!
• Track your games, consoles/systems, peripherals, and toys to life (Amiibo, Skylanders, Disney Infinity)
• Track upcoming and recent releases, with notifications when they release if added to your wishlist!
• Pricing information: make sure you aren't getting ripped off and marvel at the approximate value of your entire collection!
• Record keeping: keep track of what parts of the game you own (manual, game, box, other, sealed) and their various conditions. How much you've paid for the game (compared to how much it's worth!) and how much of the game you've beaten! Keep individualized notes on the items.
• Internet only required for updates (new games, updated prices, etc...)
• Encyclopedia: encyclopedic amount of information in your pocket on over 35 thousand games, from the earliest computer games all the way to the latest new releases for the current generation of consoles, handhelds, and computers!
• Game info: high-resolution cover images, screenshots, fan art, game overview, release details, links to Amazon, eBay, YouTube, Metacritic, thegamesdb.net, and pricecharting.com
• So many filters! Tons of filtering options such as by price, date, name, platform, type, number of players, etc...
• Analyze: see an overview of your collection stats and be in awe at how far you've come!
• Export your collection as a list (to easily post on a website, fb, etc...), as a spreadsheet for viewing in your favorite spreadsheet program, and create restore points to keep your collection safe at anytime (Drive is also used for backups).
• The only app with Radical Reggie's official game seal of quality! https://www.youtube.com/user/icon770
• Reviewed on Metal Jesus Rocks' YouTube channel!
•• Community Driven Data ••
• Missing games? Don't see a game or edition of a game you own? Add it to thegamesdb.net and the GAMEYE will pull it down! See missing or incorrect information in the details? Fix them for the whole community! See bad prices? Click the PriceCharting link and report them!
•• Just some of the supported platforms ••
• NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy, Virtual Boy, GBA, Nintendo DS, 3DS, Switch, Sega Master System, Genesis, 32X, Game Gear, Saturn, Dreamcast, NEC TurboGrafx, NeoGeo, NeoGeo Pocket, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5, and the list goes on!
• Alternate titles considered in search. i.e., "Ace Attorney" finds "Gyakuten Saiban"
• Random/shuffle button on all list views
• Better platform ordering in report views
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App, Very Useful
I have at least one console from every generation of consoles for the last 30+ years. I started a real push in collecting games a few years ago and have picked up hundreds of games since. This app is beyond useful in cataloging my library. Whether it’s a loose game, to a Complete In Box game, or anything in between, this app is awesome to use and helps you keep track of exactly what you have for each game. If I’m looking at a sale and can’t remember if I have an instruction booklet for a game, I can just reference the app. It’s really useful in quick price references for games, giving you a base to know if someone is overcharging for an item or not. I also really like that it gives breakdowns for the value of each console library in your collection and an overall total value for your collection as a whole.
Another option I enjoy is having the option to filter how you view your library. I will say I wish there were more options to view your collection, whether it is loose game, game + manual, CIB, etc. Also, I do wish there was some way to include pricing/price points for import games.
I absolutely recommend this app for anyone who has any sort of game collection. It is so user friendly with a number of great features.
Collector for 35+ years...
I collect for probably 25-30 different systems, including some weird ones, having been a collector for 35+ years now, and this app is probably the first that I’ve made a real effort to use and have confidence in. It’s well laid out, easy to use, and most importantly, the support/dev team genuinely listens when you have a suggestion/complaint/question/or notice something missing. Their customer service is outstanding, and they are CONSTANTLY working to make the app better and increase the library.
They might not have the wide-reaching rep that some other apps do, but that’s only because it’s still a hidden gem. So, go download it and start cataloging.
Trust me, from someone whose collection boarders on “hoarder-level”, you won’t be disappointed...
Developer Response ,
:) thank you for the review!
I think this is a great app to catalog and track your video game collection. There are a lot of options and filters for viewing. It provides a lot of direct and indirect information for detailed assessment, but is also a fantastic quick reference for pricing on the go.
I have three complaints with this app.
First, it downloads the entire encyclopedia of information about every game ever entered to the online database it uses. This should be an optional feature. I am a relatively small collector, and I simply don’t care about the information on tens of thousands of games for PC and consoles I’ve never heard of. For me it’s not just a waste, it’s kind of annoying to even have. I should be able to turn off this download, or at least delete out the parts I don’t want.
Second, the database and therefore the app includes hacks of games. While I’m sure some people like that, I only care about authentic games made by major studios. However, there’s no way to filter out hacked titles. When I do a search for Pokemon I only want to see Nintendo-approves games, but instead it pulls up those plus dozens of hacked versions that people programmed in their basements. It would be great to filter out those results.
Third, I’m unclear on when information and prices update, as the app sometimes has outdated prices. It would be cool if there were a refresh button to get updated prices.
Aside from that I really like the app, it’s for sure the best available for my own needs.
Developer Response ,
Hey Varanus, there will be significant filtering and data enhancements once the new database launches at www.gameye.app!
For the encyclopedia, you can’t delete chunks of it but if you don’t really care about that you can set the tab order in the settings to move out of the way.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Harrison Holzhauer
- 29.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016-2020 Harrison Holzhauer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.