IGC flight log file analysis for gliders / sailplanes, hang-gliders and paragliders.
• View and analyse IGC flight log files from gliders / sailplanes, hang-gliders and paragliders.
• Native application for macOS.
• Privacy. Your IGC files remain on your Mac and are never uploaded to the internet.
• Optimised for both Retina and non-Retina displays.
• Plots the geographic trace of the flight onto a detailed satellite imagery map.
• Trace can be coloured with altitude, climb rate, engine usage (from ENL & MOP), glide angle/ratio, ground speed and position fix accuracy.
• Global high resolution satellite imagery coverage (extremely useful for determining which ground features were generating lift or sink).
• Map can be scaled and panned with Multi-Touch gestures (E.g. pinch to zoom).
• Plots an altitude graph of the flight.
• Moving the cursor over the altitude graph displays the flight state at the corresponding point in time.
• Clicking on the altitude graph places a reference marker from which time/altitude deltas and averages are calculated and displayed.
• Flight information display including pilot's name, aircraft ID, aircraft type, take-off time, landing time and flight duration.
• Allows each flight in a log file containing multiple flights to be analysed separately.
• Configurable between metric (m, km/h) and classical (ft, knots) units systems.
• GammaFV is not certified for, nor intended for use in, flight safety related activities. Such activities include, but are not limited to, pilot hours tracking and airframe flight hours tracking.
• Visual style updates for macOS 11 (Big Sur).
• Support for Apple Silicon processors.
• A file selection window is now displayed when GammaFV is activated without specifying a file.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice to have a Mac-based IGC viewer
This version works great with my inflight GPS recorder in my glider. Now I have a Mac-based tool to look at past flights and share them. The cursor on the altitude graph lets you easily calculate distance climbed or decended and how long it took. Nice job!
I purchased the software to play back files locally on my computer instead of uploading (my learning) files to online contest and using their viewer. I did not want to subject others to my rather amatureish flights. This software simply displays the flight trace and allows you to view rather broad and almost useless vertical speed or altitude color coding. You can not play back the file nor can you move a positional bar across your data to move a marker along the flight path. If may be there and I am just not seeing it, but lacking any kind of play back feature even makes it difficult to tell the direction of flight on the path or, when you cross over or circle in the same area, which direction is coming and which is going.
I would provide this a poor rating, especially for the price.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.