Enjoy convenience and peace of mind by securely monitoring and controlling your garage doors from anywhere in the world with Garadget - easy-to-install open source WiFi smart garage door controller.
Have you ever...
- driven off forgetting your garage open or were unsure about it?
- left your garage door open overnight by mistake?
- found yourself without any way to enter your house?
- needed to let somebody into your house when you were not there or were unable to get the door at that moment?
Garadget addresses these and many other cases. To learn more and purchase the Garadget hardware please visit www.garadget.com
• Fixed email validation of domains with dash
• Improved location permissions request
• Libraries/SDKs updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Garadget customer for 2+ years
First of all, initially the setup was not simple. I have an older garage door and I became frustrated quite quickly but fortunately I was able to connect with Denis the developer and he was AMAZING and so patient with me - trust me...it takes a lot to calm me. I wanted this remote to work because it had the capability to let me know when someone was entering and closing etc.
I travel extensively and this was an important feature for me.
Additionally I like not always having keys on my person when I’m running and the app is brilliant!
Now that I’ve had the remote for few years I’m hooked. When I am in Europe or Asia I can see if my garage opens or closes - it’s awesome! And I can close it or open it from wherever I am traveling - another plus.
Now that the app has updated-it has a speaker and more connected feel to it. And the developer is “hands on!” He responds to my questions in a short instance. I don’t know him but I just adore him and love this product and app!
Poor Customer onsiderations
I don’t write reviews often but this one compelled me to. First of all, I was very disappointed when my Garadget app stopped working for me and logged me out. After fighting with the app to accept my credentials with no success, I looked on the App Store and found they were not supporting the previous app and released this one.
1) If you are going to abandon an app, you really should notify your customers, right on the app itself, or through push notifications, or by email.
2) The new app didn’t keep my device info, from the previous version, so now I have to get the ladder and climb up to the opener to start the pairing process again.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback.
Addressing your concerns.
1) We did send push notifications and emails to accounts active within last three months. If you provide your account email to the technical support, we can check if it was on the list.
2) With the new app there is no need to reconnect previously configured controllers. In the main screen there was is option for the existing customers to login into their accounts.
Have been a customer for over 3 years.
No problems so far with the new app. Works fine with setup, alerts and other features. Well I have used it for not so long. Will update the review if I have problems. Negative reviewers for an app which is just realized is not so encouraging for all the hard work these guys do. They are small group of community developers who build this product as an open source project. I have been following this group for over 3 years.
- Garadget, Inc
- 75.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Softcomplex, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.