GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard or crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• Simple interface designed for easy music making
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer, percussionist, or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 33 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments from some of todays biggest producers
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Drummer loops can be added to your song and then customized with performance controls
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Track to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Export to your Music library or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, or iPad, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
• Remotely add new tracks to your project using GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad
Works with Logic Remote
• Use your iPhone or iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Free Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous
• Adds over 480 Apple Loops and 18 Drum Kits for hip hop and electronic music production with new Sound Packs “Beat Tape” and “Modular Rhythms”
• Includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
NOTE: The 10.4.7 Update Now Causes Immediate Crashing of GB
I've noticed that the iOS version of GarageBand seems to get new features more quickly than the desktop version. In particular, the fantastic Sound Packs which are downloadable and can be managed within the GB app on iOS makes custominzing one's setup quite a bit nicer and more efficient. Please look at adding a true sound pack managing tool to the desktop or allow users to click a box so there is instant parity between iOS and macOS setups.
Also, something which has been a major pain point between moving projects which start on iOS and then are finished on macOS is the fact that none of the plugins used in projects are able to retain their settings and every numeral, knob adjustment and patch must be manually duplicated in order to final the project. This is a big time waster and it makes starting projects on iOS less attractive. I've achieved almost total parity between plugins on iOS and plugins on macOS, but developers have told me that due to the limitations they have available to them when designing their plugins, it is not possible for the settings to "travel" with the GB file when it is brought into macOS. If this could be solved by Apple, working with the developers, this would be a massive improvement. Thank you!
The singular reason I own a Mac
I don't like Apple. I don't like their ethos. I don't like their interfaces. I don't like their inflexibilty. I don't like their overarching control. I do however, for the most part, like Garageband and it's the only reason I own a MacBook Pro. It's not perfect and for a Windows user, I struggle with the paradigm shift from Windows shorcuts and control locations. However, I am willing to suffer given the perfect balance they have struck between power features and ease of use. But the feature that tipped me over into almost exclusively using Garageband is the auto-drummer. As a multi-instrumentalist who records all tracks myself, one by one, drums are the hardest. You can't do a one take scratch track so you have to go back and forth between drums and guitars until you get the groove and then start to lay down the serious tracks over the drums. And I'm not a great drummer either. With the drummer feature, I don't even bother recording my own drums anymore and just tweak what the app gives me.
Big Bang onna Budget
Ive used garageband on my ipad for years before being able to afford a Mac. The crossover was simple all of the same functionalities with a few more bells and whistles (minus touch screen capabilities) so the learning process from mobile to desktop was quick and easily picked up while giving me more creating power. This DAW has to be one of the easiest but most effective music making progs. avail. and i grew to like the connection between the tablet and desktop giving the ability to transfer projects right from tablet GB to Mac version GB with no issues, and i later in life found the LOGIC app offers a mixing and more app that remotely works with desktop GB which made my add ins and mixing visible!!! from my tablet!!! as i worked!!!. Thumbs up on this software here which was an excellent gateway, stepping stone, lead off intro into LOGIC PRO X which is the same software but a more professional looking layout. So in return GB a great tool to have, even on my tablet which is my go to on the fly and actually has landed me several local and nationally known clients to work with due to its flexability and capabilities, Go hard at your craft you guys!!! im closer and closer to living out my dreams because of DAWS such as GB and LOGIC PRO. thanks apple you guys rock
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 795.1 MB
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.