Grow-Your-Own with Gardenate - the perfect gardening companion with over 90 favourite edible plants and herbs and all-new Wish List feature. The unique planting calendar shows what you can grow at any time – localized to your climate zone. Extensive plant descriptions and growing tips get novices up to speed. Easily add new plant varieties. Record planting dates, harvest dates, notes, and more.
Expert or new gardener, Gardenate will help keep your garden growing.
Get started quickly
• Choose your climate zone. Gardenate has climate-zone specific planting calendars for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, and the USA
• See what is best to grow this month in the calendar
• Put plants into your wish list
• Plant the seed and record the details in My Garden
• Calendar reminders prompt you to harvest your produce
• Enjoy your garden!
Grow what you like best
• Add your preferred varieties to the plant list
• Hide unwanted plants so they don’t show in the calendar
• Watch the calendar adapt to show your chosen planting months
Share your garden
• Share your garden to your other phones and devices and they keep in sync. Let the whole family join in the gardening
• Export your plantings and notes to spreadsheet (CSV) files to use on your desktop
All information is contained in the app and it doesn’t require an internet connection for normal use, except to sync the shared garden with other devices.
iPad users will probably prefer GardenateHD which is designed for the iPad.
Improved sort by garden bed to sort on plant name within bed.
Italicise 'hidden' plants in All Plants list to make them easy to find and 'unhide' if you wish to restore them to the calendar.
Fix crash in My Garden with empty garden beds from older versions of app.
Ratings and Reviews
Once you add a plant you are not able to edit information about the plant. You are unable to delete and start over. You have one shot to get it right.
Also plants are limited to just general name. You have to add type and additional information.
Nice Compact Little App
I always need to have my plant lists and keeping paper lists for seed starting, transplanting, harvest dates, and seed shopping throughout the whole season makes them super messy, lost or forgotten. This is an awesome app because I can take out my phone, pull up my lists and I can do it anywhere. In the garden or in the store. No messy, lost or forgotten lists. The reminders I get by email or on my calendar are set for my Montana Zone 4a planting times. I winter sow a lot of my seeds so the dates for starting indoors are the dates I set up my seeds in my winter sowing containers. Each plant i.e. Tomato, can be set up with each variety i.e. Brandywine Black, German Johnson, etc. for all your seeds. No more buying more of the variety you already have and wasting time and money. This app is wonderfully supported by the developer he gets right back to you. He's available by email or phone. I like to design my garden on paper so if you want an app that you can design your garden on, this isn't it. No yearly fees either!
Harvest dates are not accurate
I live in the PNW, and entered my growing zone, but the harvest dates are wrong. I'm guessing the app cannot determine between a Seattle zone 7 and a sunnier/hotter zone 7.
- Hutchinson Software Pty Ltd
- 8.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Hutchinson Software Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.