The free all-in-one ActiveCaptain™ app provides a powerful connection to your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the ActiveCaptain community for the ultimate connected boating experience. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, be able to purchase new maps and charts, and have access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Connect to the ActiveCaptain community for up-to-date feedback on marinas and other points of interest. Smart notifications¹ on your chartplotter screen keep you connected with everyone else. Plan a trip or pre-fish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even view and control your chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet while you’re on the water.
This app is not recommended for non-Garmin chartplotter owners and is not intended to be a standalone navigational app. The included basemap is not useable without purchasing additional charts/maps.
- OneChart™ lets you access all your Garmin unit pre-load and accessory card charts and maps from your mobile device and purchase new ones
- Receive smart notifications¹, such as calls and texts, on your chartplotter display when paired with the app
- Connect to fellow boaters with the ActiveCaptain community for up-to-date feedback on marinas and other points of interest
- Make, save and transfer routes and waypoints between the app and chartplotter
- Easily upload and download the latest Garmin Quickdraw Contours content from the community
- Download software updates and notifications from the app to your Garmin devices
- View and control your chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet
¹See compatibility matrix - https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/573254#devices
- Auto Guidance allows you to create safe routes avoiding obstacles, shallow water, etc. right within the app.
- Bugfixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very Good & Needs Stability Fixes
I have had Simrad and Raymarine chatplotters and find that Garmin is an overall better plotter, easier to use, and the app is nice to have. Being able to upgrade all of my Garmin devices from my phone makes it so much easier.
I do think there is a lot of work that needs to be done to stabilize and improve the ActiveCaptain iPhone app. It constantly crashes to the point where I am unable to enter waypoints in it before trips or do anything besides just looking around on the map. I have a newer iPhone so that should not be the issue. Being able to see a list of waypoints on the app with coordinates, select one or many of them, and “share” by text or email would be a nice-to-have so I can share waypoints with others.
New Port Cove Marine Center in Riviera Beach FL
We just spent 2 weeks at New Port Cove at Lake Worth Inlet and couldn’t be more pleased with the service, location, and personnel.
While waiting for a crossing window, we had some repairs done to our trawler and provisioned for a 3 month trip to the Abacos.
We were an easy walk to Boat Owner’s Warehouse, Publix, BBT bank, Walgreen’s, multiple sport fishing stores, and Auto Zone and a cheap Uber ride to Walmart. The surrounding neighborhoods have seen tough times but we were met on our dog walks through them with consistently friendly people, multiple home and property renovations, and a huge presence of Rybovich boat yard’s expansion.
GM Jim Nester is doing a great job updating the marina and getting (and keeping) enthusiastic and helpful staff.
This was our second stay, and we will definitely be back. With all that and a 15 minute trip to Lake Worth Inlet, what more could you want?
A very good app!
Hi, I noticed the app has a 1.8 rating so I just had to weigh in and give it 5 stars. Yesterday, I downloaded the app and synced it with my 7612xsv and everything worked flawlessly!! Connected to my home WiFi, walked through all the prompts added a 32gig card and everything worked perfectly. She updated the software, found the network, walked through every feature and just did exactly what was advertised!! I even had the 7612 and my iPhone talking so well that my mfd chart displayed on my iPhone and I could control the mfd from the phone!! It was pretty cool and will be useful when I don’t want to sit at the helm to program and create trips. The iPhone app has lots of accurate info and I’m positive I will use it frequently. So, great job Garmin, keep improving and thank you for keeping this free!! Safe boating all!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you! Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback to share at email@example.com.
- Garmin International
- 178.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
- In-App Purchases
- BlueChart g3+LakeVu g3 Built-I $99.99
- HXUS604X - Download $219.99
- U.S. LakeVü Detail Map $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.