Garmin GPS Trainer 4+
GPS 175 / GNX 375 Navigator
The Garmin GPS Trainer simulates the system user interface and provides the opportunity to explore the features, options, and fundamental operational aspects of the avionics. When used in combination with the GPS Navigator Series Pilot’s Guide, the trainer can be an effective way to improve avionics familiarity and proficiency at a time and location convenient to the user. The Trainer is also a great way to prepare for a flight because a user can load the anticipated flight plan and “chair fly” the avionics portion of the flight before entering the aircraft.
The GPS Trainer includes:
• Simulated multi-touch and drag interface – allows you to interact with the system, graphically edit flight plans, and much more
• Garmin SafeTaxi – allows you to view detailed airport information on the moving map
• High resolution worldwide terrain maps and aviation databases
• High resolution obstacle databases including power line alerting
• Simulated interfaces and data including:
-- ADS-B Traffic with TargetTrend™ Relative Motion
-- FIS-B Weather with animated NEXRAD
-- Airspaces, airways, and Visual Reporting Points
* Note: This app contains simulated data and does not receive data from or interact with real Garmin avionics. This app should not be used for actual navigation purposes.
Adds demo for additional FIS-B weather products:
◦ Cloud Tops
◦ Center Weather Advisories
Ratings and Reviews
Works great for practicing and getting trained up on the unit without having to be in the airplane or air saving funds. Saved on the learning curve so you don’t get as distracted while flying.
Please link to X-Plane
Great tool for learning how to use the GPS, but I beg Garmin to link the steering information to X-Plane to complete the educational experience. Please!!!
Aggravating waste of time
The default location is always KSLE. There are no instructions for changing this. The VNAV function doesn’t display on the map page or on the G5s. It’s next to worthless. If you want help, you have to log into Garmin with its PITA multi-factor verification process. And then you don’t get it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Digital Cyclone
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries