The VIRB® Edit desktop app combines your VIRB video footage with GPS and other data from any VIRB action camera or a compatible Garmin device. The result is a rich, memorable, video experience that you can easily share and post online.
• HyperFrame Director Mode - Re-frame video content after filming using smooth camera pans, impressively wide angles, and tiny planets
• RAW Stitching - Import and stitch 360º videos recorded in RAW mode
• Create new custom logo gauges by dragging images into the player view
• Easily edit and view 360 videos, add 4K spherical stabilization and add augmented reality G-Metrix™ data overlays (available only on VIRB 360®)
• Add G-Metrix™ templates, gauges, and graphs to show speed, elevation, heart rate, g-force, lap data, and more
• View your entire video alongside a map with your track information
• Capture a full 360 view photo from a 360 video
• Assisted video editor automatically highlights the best moments from your video footage
• Trim, reorder and stitch clips together
• Apply slow motion to your videos
• Add music to your videos
• Add text and titles to your videos
• Built-in sharing to easily post footage on YouTube®, Facebook®, Vimeo® and Garmin Connect™ Share or export to your computer
Added support for macOS Mojave
Improved stability when opening certain fit files
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This software has a ton of potential, but unfortunately it lacks some basic features and the whole thing is extremely buggy. I own the VIRB 360 and one of they key features is its ability to shoot 5.7k RAW footage with its two cameras, which you can then stitch later into a 360 spherical video using Virb Edit. While 5.7k offers twice the resolution of a 4k video and has almost 3x the bitrate, the Virb Edit stitched 5.7k video looks worse than the in camera stiched 4k video. Details that were in the original raw files are lost entirely, its as if the footage was downsampled to a lower resolution and then upsampled to 5.7k again. I have come across numerous other bugs that I will not enumerate here, but suffice it to say that it is borderline unusable. It is unfortunate because the VIRB 360 is actually a great piece of hardware, but suffers from lack of supporting software. I would love to use the full potential of this camera one day. I have been waiting patiently for Garmin to resolve these issues since I purchased my camera back in Sept 2017. It would be extremely frustrating if they release a new camera prior to fixing their software, as its not the hardware thats the issue.
Audio not working
The background music is not loading or playing in Auto-Create Video. Playback is really choppy compared to PC version.
so far so good
I have Garmin VIRB camera that I use for aviation and so far this software works pretty well under Mac OS Sierra on Mid-2017 Macbook Pro 15”. I didn’t try it with High Sierra yet so I can’t comment if it works with High Sierra. Otherwise, I can view my flights with GPS statistics (G-Matrix) no problem. I actually like this software but I have been using it mostly for viewing video clips with the G-Matrix data displayed on. I’m very pleased about being able to see basic flight data (elevation, speed, distance, map) right on my clip so I can analyze my flight at home.
- Garmin International
- 85.9 MB
- Photo & Video
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2018 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.